How many people have you convinced to get a Windows phone 8 device?

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
me 121 people in my school alone and 100 people for my Job :). how many have you convinced. I'm very good at convincing people and very good at marketing and raising awareness
Holy **** man, youve really been bringing in the troops. I hope once I get my phone it will cause alot of buzz

TofuDelight

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I applaud you for what you've done but I'd caution against counting your chickens before they hatch. People are funny. Many of them will say they're going to do something but when the time comes, they've always got an excuse why they aren't going to follow through.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I convinced my brothers girlfriend to get a pink Lumia 800, she wanted a HTC One S at first but finally she went with WP and is 99% happy now. She just really want the official Instagram app for WP really soon

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
me 121 people in my school alone and 100 people for my Job :). how many have you convinced. I'm very good at convincing people and very good at marketing and raising awareness

I don't try to "convince" anyone to buy anything. If people want feedback or opinion, it is provided but that is as far as it goes. I see no reason to proselytize for any product. In fact I find the idea of elevating a product to the point that one is essentially worshipping it to be very distasteful.

With all of that said, I must admit I am rather skeptical that you have convinced 221 people to buy a product that they have never touched and will not even be able to purchase for another month. Your chiming in a couple times to repeat the number and then frame things such that you sound like a teenage boy boasting about their mythical romantic conquests reinforces my skepticism....

Last edited:

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Me having hard time. My colleagues like me are even Microsoft/.NET programmers too and in our office we use Microsoft products, but they still want the iPHONE some Android and scoffs whenever I mention WP7/8 Even NOKIA.

They don't like the tiles and typically thinks MS and Nokia are uncool. :dry

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I convinced three early adoptors to try out windows phone 7. All three are upgrading to wp8 and excited about the new nokias. I also picked up one for my mom.

Dare2Blink

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Uau you got me beat, I?m not counting but I have personally been the cause of at least 15 people getting them, and many more people that I met in passing I have convinced without knowing for sure if they actually got one. At home there are now 3 wp

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So far I've converted myself and have three other friends very interested in the 920 when it releases. I'm still on Android but am sold on WP8 and the Lumia 920. I'm sure once I have it in my hand it will be much easier to convert people.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't try to "convince" anyone to buy anything. If people want feedback or opinion, it is provided but that is as far as it goes. I see no reason to proselytize for any product. In fact I find the idea of elevating a product to the point that one is essentially worshipping it to be very distasteful.

With all of that said, I must admit I am rather skeptical that you have convinced 221 people to buy a product that they have never touched and will not even be able to purchase for another month. Your chiming in a couple times to repeat the number and then frame things such that you sound like a teenage boy boasting about their mythical romantics conquests reinforces my skepticism....

im with you. Even I have my doubts. 221 is too big a number.

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
8 friends of mine will get a windows phone after they saw me with the lumia 900 a couple of times. 5 of them are iPHone users right now. Rest Andriod.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
As a kid and teenager, I used Atari ST computers. I'm all-too-familiar with the "try and sell everyone you know on this great tech product that is under-appreciated in the market."

I'm not going to do that again. It was frustrating and still failed.

Microsoft has $55 billion in the bank. If they can't muster the cash to market, position and price the WP ecosystem to the point where people will buy it on their own, anything we do isn't going to have a significant impact.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft has $55 billion in the bank. If they can't muster the cash to market, position and price the WP ecosystem to the point where people will buy it on their own, anything we do isn't going to have a significant impact.
But all of us are sheep to some extent. Sharing your good (and bad) tech experiences with family, friends and coworkers is not selling, it's helping. Not everyone is as well informed.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If people fool themselves that buying a phone off mega-corp x rather than mega-corp y makes them sort of special individual rather than just another member of the great unwashed... I respectfully suggest they get a grip of themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss