Since AT&T is serious about windows 8 and wp8. But how about Verizon and t-mobile?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. We heard that AT&T are doing a massive launch on windows phone 8 and windows 8 and massive amounts of advertising. they are gonna advertise bigger than the 900 launch and maybe the iPhone launch. But what about verizon and t-mobile. Are they doing the same as at&t and are they gonna do massive campaigns and advertisements and massive launches for win 8 and wp8?. If they are this is gonna be massive for wp8 and win 8. I really do hop they do this. But had you see anything interesting in the stores latey or any info about the launch on Verizon and t-mobile? But there was one store something on wpcentral that a verizon store is elimating half of their android phones options and that stores are having half of their store's emptied. Could these mean that they are Serious about wp and win 8?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile advertised the 720 like crazy, but I remember they charging a crazy 99$ for the phone with a 2 year contract. The Local carrier had the phone free and they sold a lot of them.

The 900 was also advertised but the commercial turned a lot of people off.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think T-MO will as they just carry lower-mid range devices.
I disagree. T-Mobile does not carry only low-mid grade devices. They offer the Galaxy SIII and the Galaxy Note which is out of stock. They are getting the Note 2 in October and also the HTC One X+ (if it passes testing). They are also getting the HTC 8X and the Ativ S which are both flagship devices and they would have the iphone had Apple made a version with 1700 MHz band support.

Last edited:

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. T-Mobile does not carry only low-mid grade devices. They offer the Galaxy SIII and the Galaxy Note which is out of stock. They are getting the Note 2 in October and also the HTC One X+ (if it passes testing). They are also getting the HTC 8X and the Ativ S which are both flagship devices and they would have the iphone had Apple made a version with 1700 MHz band support.

My contract for Verizon ends October 20th, and I will be deactivating my phone. My family wants to switch to another provider, given that $300 for 4 phones is just too much. So, If T-Mo picks up the 8X even though I would love to have the L920, I'd definitely get T-Mo.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak for T-Mobile, but everything I read leads me to believe Verizon is going to push WP pretty hard. I'm hoping this is true, because right now they are all about android.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
AT&T spent more on the Lumia 900 launch than they did on the iPhone launch in 2007, but the Lumia 900 sold poorly.

They're still the Windows Phone leader, so they're going to push hard, but it remains to be seen if they'll have any more success than the 900 delivered. Every day WPs are not sold is a day when an interested customer in his upgrade cycle gets a shiny new Android or iOS device instead.

T-Mobile has always been a Windows-oriented carrier (even back to the old days), but the Galaxy S III is their hero phone (along with the Note II). They'll no doubt offer the 8X and perhaps another handset or two in order to have a Windows Phone option set for customers, but their pitch is primarily around the network and not the device (hence the big push for unlocked iPhones).

Verizon is the wild card. Will they push WP? Depends. Android was big for them against the iPhone (since Apple wouldn't sell them the device at the time), but since then, they've grabbed the iPhone. Windows Phone has lower subsidy costs, but so does Android (and right now, people are buying all the Galaxy S IIIs that Samsung can make). They also have an agreement with Motorola to sell a lot of Droid handsets in exchange for exclusivity, which likely impacts their ability to shift stuff from Nokia and HTC as "favored" handsets.

At the same time, it's in VZW's best interest to have a third platform emerge. But they're hedging their bets -- they're also going to be the "big launch carrier" for BB 10.

We live in interesting times!

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Can't speak for T-Mobile, but everything I read leads me to believe Verizon is going to push WP pretty hard. I'm hoping this is true, because right now they are all about android.

T-Mobile is going bullish on Windows Phone. They need it more than Verizon because they only have Android at the moment. Verizon still has the iphone.

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/t-mobile-to-be-among-first-launch-partners-with-windows-phone-8/

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually , from the news, it looks like all carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile ) are trying their luck on WP 8 this time. As crapple has made their pocket break and android seems to lag like mad . Making consumers upset about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss