Who would you like to see build a Windows Phone?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And by that, I mean any tech company - based on anything - past experiences with them, reputation etc.

Personally, I'd like to see what Panasonic could do.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Dell and Samsung are my favorite hardware companies, and they've already had their hand in WP. I know Dell is stepping out of the market for now, but I do hope they'll come back with some offerings at some point.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Toshiba for sure. I know they have one I iust mean I wojld like to see then get bust with it and make 2 or 3 diffrent devices and release them in the US. Every electronic device I use besides my phone is a Toshiba.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft. That surface concept was downright inducing!

Edit: I think that may be the 1st time I've been censored in this forum. Ok rephrase to "extremely sexy, to the point of physical arousal". Sorry, mods. Didn't know there was a line there. No hard feelings?

Last edited:

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It would be the same as last year, but with a new QC issue. And it would cost $300 more than its closest competitor.
At least if it were a WP8 device, it would have a compelling OS. While iOS is a very solid OS, it has definitely lost a lot of its appeal for quite a few people, myself included.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It would be the same as last year, but with a new QC issue. And it would cost $300 more than its closest competitor.

Ya, cause Apple is the only company that recycles designs and has QC issues. The 900 was a rehash of the N9, had data connection issues at launch, and camera issues as well.

Anyway, Dell or Apple. I have said for the past year and a half that 4-4.1" is the perfect screen size, and Dell and Apple seem to agree with me on that. Plus, as far as Dell is conserned, I think portrait sliders are great.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
At least if it were a WP8 device, it would have a compelling OS. While iOS is a very solid OS, it has definitely lost a lot of its appeal for quite a few people, myself included.

And a useable location service. :) But ultimately Apple's elitist attitude, high price and low quality would dilute the brand.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya, cause Apple is the only company that recycles designs and has QC issues. The 900 was a rehash of the N9, had data connection issues at launch, and camera issues as well.

Anyway, Dell or Apple. I have said for the past year and a half that 4-4.1" is the perfect screen size, and Dell and Apple seem to agree with me on that. Plus, as far as Dell is conserned, I think portrait sliders are great.

At least Nokia tries to make good on the flaws with support and rebates instead of blaming the user and minimizing the issue. And they priced aggressively. Anyway I agree that it would be nice to see Dell return to the fold.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Sony for their hardware design. Asus for innovative form factors. Microsoft as they did well with the Surface. Motorola as I will love a 3300mAh battery for my phone.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
At least Nokia tries to make good on the flaws with support and rebates instead of blaming the user and minimizing the issue. And they priced aggressively. Anyway I agree that it would be nice to see Dell return to the fold.

My point is more that all manufacturers have Qc Issues and recycle designs. I challenge you to find a manufacturer who hadn't had these issues and had every single phone look different from every other phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3