Windows Phone 8 SDK is here time to start the OS forum

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Now that we have a SDK leak and some more details about the OS that will be WP8 its time to start the discussion. Daniel has posted some great articles to get the discussion going including a walk through video:

Windows Phone 8 OS video walkthrough via the finalized emulator and SDK | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

We also have seen Windows Phone 8 SDK images:

Trove of Windows Phone 8 SDK images arrive exposing app backup, storage options and more | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

We also know that Windows Phone 8 has officially gone gold (RTM):

Windows Phone 8 has officially gone gold (RTM) | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

We now have something to talk about people so lets get this area rolling.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
What I want to know is if WP8 supports the sending and receiving of vCards and vCalendar appointments. Also, if you can assign ringtones to specific contacts. Nobody is answering these questions.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
What I want to know is if WP8 supports the sending and receiving of vCards and vCalendar appointments. Also, if you can assign ringtones to specific contacts. Nobody is answering these questions.

You don't need to wait to assign contact-specific ringtones... you can do that just fine in WP7.5.

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to wait to assign contact-specific ringtones... you can do that just fine in WP7.5.

I guess what I meant is to add a specific sound to a contact so when I receive an email from that person it triggers that specific sound. I know that is a weird request but I can do that on my BlackBerry. When I receive an email from a business partner my phone triggers that sound. I don't have WP7.5 so I can't test it. Lumia 820 will be my first WP.

vamitrou

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
hi people! having a problem... just installed vstudio 2012 and wp8 sdk on my pc but got the not available hardware virtualization error. Upgraded the bios, enabled the HV, but still the emulator is not in my run options list inside my project. any ideas??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720