do you think Wp will grab third place in Asia and Europe before end of the year?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone challenges RIM in European markets | News | TechRadar

They say that Windows phone will take third place before the end of the year. also Wp is also Third place in Italy with 10.4%. With low end Wp being the most sales. GO OEMs get more Wp8/7.8 low end devices!!!

now for my opinion. I think they will they are using low end devices to increase market share. but now with the Wp8 devices. there will be a lot of awareness in europe in US because of the colourful phones. that is what people describe Windows phone. markets like China. I think the 820 and 8S and other upcoming 7.8 phones will be the most popular phones. this will grab third place. in Asia and Europe. now America and Africa and Oceania to go. but for Oceania thy are also showing signs of growth as well :D. and with the massive Windows 8 on top of this. now with Windows phone + Windows 8 + xbox = BIG

your opinion: so do you think Wp will grab third place in Europe and Asia before the end of year?

PS: Oceania is a large region in the south pacific. Australia and NZ is part of it. though NZ is not part of the Australian continent. because the Tasman sea is in the way.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
At the same time I would dismiss RIM from the game yet with BB10 coming out and blackberry has some of the most loyal supporters (sickening loyal to be honest).

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No.

Maybe by the 3rd quarter of next year though.

A lot of this depends on how well RIM pulls off BB10 and if they can produce compelling hardware that anyone wants to buy.

It also depends, especially Asia, on how well WP OEM's do at producing competitive lower end phones to compete with the rising tide of cheap Android crap. So far the indications seem to be good there from Nokia especially, with the 610 and a sub-610 model planned.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
No.

A lot of this depends on how well RIM pulls off BB10 and if they can produce compelling hardware that anyone wants to buy.

It also depends, especially Asia, on how well WP OEM's do at producing competitive lower end phones to compete with the rising tide of cheap Android crap. So far the indications seem to be good there from Nokia especially, with the 610 and a sub-610 model planned.

so you are saying wp8 is gonna fail? your opinion

Last edited:

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is the XBOX big in the Asian markets? I didn't know that. I can see them grabbing 3rd by late 2013. Especially if RIM doesn't really floor people with their new phones. And by third, I mean 6 - 8 percent of the market.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That read angry to you? What's angry about it.

Wait, your the OP who asked for opinions.

I'm curious mate. it's fine. and yes I do think Xbox is big in Asia. But low end phones are big in Europe and Asia. I think low end phones like the 8S and 820 and the upcoming wp7.8 phones will fit perfectly well for those people

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
..and how much of RIM's fanbase will continue to support them. They have some rabid fans, but I don't see how RIM can keep them fans for much longer, without giving them something spectacular.
No.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
RIM is indeed a wild card. If just 1/4 of the BlackBerry userbase upgrades to BB 10 in the first half of 2013, that's 20 MILLION new BBs sold. That will be a difficult number for WP to match in the same period of time.

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry is probably around 0.5% or less in northern Europe its smaller then meego.. you can't even find blackberry.

I Would say that android, iOS and Symbian is the 3 biggest wp as number 4. But wp grows faster than Symbian and lumia 920 will sell a lot here even feber.se known as iPhone lovers writes a lot about how good lumia 920 seems to be.

The main reason why wp grows fast is probably because lumia 800 is so cheap atm

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
RIM's BB10 and how the ecosystem will be perceived is seen as the key challenge against WP. I think that's a myopic view.

In Asia and Europe, the biggest wildcard for WP to even establish itself as a viable 3rd ecosystem is actually Android itself. Chinese Android manufacturers, notably Huawei, ZTE and Xiaomi, are flooding the market with Android phones that are cheaper for first-time smartphone users, and they are starting to be concerned on quality for an affordable price. That's something that MS needs to act on.

WP needs a critical mass of 10% to work things out. It has only reached 10% in 2 countries, Finland and Italy. Android is threatening to take over as the dominant smartphone platform of choice with no room for others unless WP can prove itself to be the superior solution like what Android did to BB and Symbian. It's not happening yet.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
so you are saying wp8 is gonna fail? your opinion

No, I think WP8 will succeed.

There are a few reasons why.

It's being closely integrated and identified with the OS which is going to be on most of the world's PC's soon.

When people start turning on new PC's in a few months and seeing live tiles on Win 8, the phone interface is suddenly going to make sense to them and be familiar.

Microsoft is relentless and they have deep pockets. They will keep pumping money into Windows Phone because it's very important that it succeeds.

I think WP8 will succeed, but we aren't going to see a meteoric rise in market share overnight. It's going to be slow and steady. The time for huge marketshare growth is over in the smartphone field. Apple and Google already have their beachheads built.

I think what you will see is Google will continue to dominate because their OS is free and any company can throw it on any piece of crap phone they want... you will see Apple stay at about the same marketshare, I think Blackberry will die and in perhaps 3 years, Windows Phone will have close to the same share as Apple, perhaps 20% or so.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
..and how much of RIM's fanbase will continue to support them. They have some rabid fans, but I don't see how RIM can keep them fans for much longer, without giving them something spectacular.

I think RIM is done honestly.

If they are still viable in 18-24 months, I'd be amazed.

It would be good if they were I think, but for no other reason than it would help fire up competition a little.

I predict the vultures will start circling RIM's carcass before 2013 is over and greedily eyeing their nice patent portfolio. The shareholders will pressure RIM to sell off it's patents so they don't lose everything and the company will be parted out, different divisions will be absorbed by other companies. In 2-3 years there will be almost no trace of them left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786