10-08-2012 06:49 PM
57 123
tools
    Nobody bothered to answer my reply, they just went "LOL winter doesn't use facts" he is a troll.

Is like Nokia fans are fans of mediocrity.
    I will argue that fans of other camps are not exactly rational either. The fans of Apple are the most obvious, but Android believers can be scary too.

I do believe that Nokia's potential with its spending on R&D, and translating into actual product innovation is something to be impressed with. What I do not agree is with Nokia's poor marketing.

WP's survival will not count on Nokia alone, they are the standard bearer yes. But definitely not the only company that matters
    GoodThings2Life likes this.
    10-06-2012 02:34 PM
    Nobody bothered to answer my reply, they just went "LOL winter doesn't use facts" he is a troll.

Is like Nokia fans are fans of mediocrity.
    I don't get that either, when all your posts are so reasonable.

Stupid Nokia fansboys.:mad:
    cckgz4 likes this.
    10-06-2012 03:35 PM
    The "whining" people probably don't care to engage the Nokia fanboys. But each group post on threads created for each side. So if ya didn't care to engage them, why post.

Not knowing how long the exclusive is, still makes it an exclusive. There was a "wait until tomorrow" rumor that popped up. Well, that day came and went. And the exclusive article on the front page was backtracking at its finest.

All in all, if you're offended by the pro/anti Nokia post, don't go in there.

#DownWithNokia
    so don't come to the forums is what you're saying lol
    10-06-2012 06:29 PM
    Right. Pretty much stay off the internet if you expect rational dialog and people respecting each other opinions.
    so don't come to the forums is what you're saying lol
    10-06-2012 07:12 PM
    When people don't like what a particular OEM is offering, that's fine. When they've had a bad experience and dislike the OEM that's fine. Talking about their personal experience is a means of sharing socially.

When they are **** bent on stating their opinions as fact, think themselves experts in business and marketing enough to call others stupid, and are unable to admit the positives of a product (even if they personally won't get it),... well, to me that shows that a person is being irrational.

It may be due to social abnormalities, being a spoiled brat, being a smug elitist, or just being bored and kind of a jerk.
    Bingo
    10-07-2012 01:19 AM
    thing is, as someone else has mentioned already, if NOK fails, WP8 goes down with it as well. Everyone in this forum wants WP8 to do well; they may be less concerned with the fortunes of individual OEMs; surely there will be room for others if the platform as a whole takes off.

The issue I have is with Nokia's premier position in the WP lineup. They botched it once already with their self-aggrandizing advertising and the embarassing sales figures for the 900. Just to remind people, the 7 million Lumia sales include the 800 and 710 as well.

Now they are on track to botch it again. Let's leave carrier exclusivity out of this for a second. I personally focus more on the 2 month gap between announcement and launch. All the hype that was built up will have disappeared by early November because very few people will remember the key features that initially generated interested in the 920.

I also don't trust Nokia to be able to effectively advertise the differentiating features of the 920 in a way that regular people can relate to. The whole grand announcement of "Beta Test is Over" and the subsequent and very public flop reminds consumers that Nokia is a near-dead brand. Unfortunately Nokia is trying this again by not only taking shots at the iPhone for its lack of colours (when NA carriers have already limited the choice of colours to black and white!) but also at other WP8 OEMs. It just looks desperate.

Samsung does the same thing with the Android Galaxy series, but they didn't start until the Galaxy S had become a successful brand. Additionally, Samsung makes sure its ads reach the maximum audience, by launching across all carriers simultaneously. This is where I mention carrier exclusivity. Anyone interested in the 920 in North America and not on the right carrier will immediately forget about it and go with another phone...maybe HTC 8X, maybe not. Even if the 920 launches on other carriers within 3 months, does anyone think people will wait that long, 'just in case' it launches elsewhere?

Nokia's made too many wrong turns since the whole WP7 project. Some were their fault (launching the 900 on a holiday, carrier-exclusive) and some they had no control over (no upgrade path to WP8). If NOK fails, WP8 as a whole will suffer collateral damage, and we might need to wait another 2 years for the next iteration of WP to 'fix everything'.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    10-08-2012 01:59 PM
    thing is, as someone else has mentioned already, if NOK fails, WP8 goes down with it as well.
    I agree sort of, except the empire may strike back with the Surface Phone.
    10-08-2012 06:49 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD