Aren't you annoyed with Gizmodo?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like gizmodo. So what they favor the iPhone, guess what, million upon millions of the population do too. They seem to give WP a lot of praise. They liked the Nokia Lumia 900 and the Samsung Focus. Raved over the Titans 2 camera, and seem pretty excited for the NL 920.

You don't see espn covering the Browns/Cubs/Timberwolves the most on Sportscenter.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes Apple and iPhone are popular but it should not lead to biased articles on those sites. I don't mind if they have a lot of stories about Apple products, but what I do mind is the double standards they employ. Typically Apple products are given glowing reviews and any problems or annoyances with the devices are not emphasized. With reviews for other products they tend to nitpick small problems and say how they are a deal breaker.

Also, controversies regarding Apple products are usually reported as minor stories. For example Engadget has barely mentioned anything about flaws with the new iphone. When the antenna problems with the iphone 4 emerged, everyone was reporting it but readers were wondering why Engadget didn't have a single article about it until days later.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Until it gets popular, WP will always get short shrift from writers. They're trying to get as many people as possible to visit their site. That's just the nature of how things work. If WP picks up steam then writers will take note.

You don't see espn covering the Browns/Cubs/Timberwolves the most on Sportscenter.
*sigh*

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Tech blogs follow the trends. Right now that's your Apple and Google stuff.

And if you think WP8 is bad, read up on BB10. That's downright depressing stuff going on.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Personal experience :
Once, a couple of years back...with one if the iDevices just released, they were all going gaga over it...
One particular guy and very valid points about the iPhone not being so cool. I actually remember one of the Mods writing..."Don't like the new iPhone huh? Banned."

If only I could source the article I would...

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb