The 920 is obviously coming to Verizon so just stop *EDIT* Or not.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I really want the 920, but there is nothing about it worth waiting even more then a day for. It's 8X or ATIV for me. Still not sure which one but the ATIV has a huge battery compared to the 8X. I dunno.
I've already written off the Ativ S as I didn't find the Galaxy S III comfortable to use when I owned it and the Ativ is a rebadged GSIII. I will say that the GSIII did have pretty good battery life in my limited time with the device.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've already written off the Ativ S as I didn't find the Galaxy S III comfortable to use when I owned it and the Ativ is a rebadged GSIII. I will say that the GSIII did have pretty good battery life in my limited time with the device.

I'm leaning towards the ATIV because of the SD card expansion, bigger screen and battery. I do have the GS3 and the GNex before that so I'm not the biggest fan of Sammy's radio reception ability, but that's what 30 day returns are for.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
To be fair the 920 also lacks features that the 8X has.

To be fair, the 8X is lighter, has beats audio, the HTC hub and has a higher PPI display.

And to be fair to the L920, it has a Camera with OIS, Wireless Charging, Super Sensitive Touchscreen, PureMotion high refresh display, Nokia apps and a physically bigger display.

:)

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I was initially all about the ATIV, because I do seem to have good luck with my different Sammy's I've owned. I even went to the AT&T store to play with a GSIII to see if I would like a phone that size and how it would feel.
But I love all the technology of the 920. I'm a geek and love having all that extra technology. I'll be honest the more I look at wireless charging, the more I love the idea plus the camera appears to be pretty amazing. I will line up at the local AT&T store when they open to get either the ATIV or the 920 on launch day just like the iSheep did. lol.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm grabbing an 8X on T-Mo when it's available. Nokia's inability to successfully launch and price a mainstream handset has me convinced that they're not going to be a viable choice in the US marketplace, especially in a world where Samsung, Apple, HTC and even RIM can sell top-flight devices on every carrier.

Samsung could change my mind with a competitively priced ATIV S on T-Mo. And sure, I'd definitely buy a 920 on T-Mo as well, but that seems unlikely.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm grabbing an 8X on T-Mo when it's available. Nokia's inability to successfully launch and price a mainstream handset has me convinced that they're not going to be a viable choice in the US marketplace, especially in a world where Samsung, Apple, HTC and even RIM can sell top-flight devices on every carrier.

Samsung could change my mind with a competitively priced ATIV S on T-Mo. And sure, I'd definitely buy a 920 on T-Mo as well, but that seems unlikely.

Ah. Because Samsung and HTC have priced and given dates for their handsets, right?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung and HTC have priced and given dates for their handsets, right?

HTC certainly has. The 8X will be available on contract from 12 November on AT&T and T-Mobile, with a price of $199 on contract. Verizon is also expected to sell the handset but has given no pricing and only a "mid November" target.

Now, how much is the Lumia 920 going to cost on AT&T, and when can I buy one? Ooops. Still don't know.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you just say you were looking at the Ativ?

As for me, I'm not hey Diva-like. I can wait without feeling upset.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
We all know the 920 (or something like it) will be on Verizon eventually.

How do we know that? Sony sells some really cool Android handsets. They're on AT&T but not Verizon, and not just for a 30-day period. How do we know Nokia isn't about to do the same with the 920?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
How do we know that? Sony sells some really cool Android handsets. They're on AT&T but not Verizon, and not just for a 30-day period. How do we know Nokia isn't about to do the same with the 920?

it's likely they are not doing that. they have to do exclusives and while putting it on other Carriers and get the carriers to advertise the phone

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
To be fair, the 8X is lighter, has beats audio, the HTC hub and has a higher PPI display.

And to be fair to the L920, it has a Camera with OIS, Wireless Charging, Super Sensitive Touchscreen, PureMotion high refresh display, Nokia apps and a physically bigger display.

:)

The 8X also has a dedicated amp for sound output which will increase the audio quality dramatically.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Well, technically I dont KNOW know. :) Your Sony example doesn't really apply because no Sony devices are ever on Verizon. The 822 is coming to Verizon and I will not believe that Nokia would waste time building a CDMA 822 if that is all they were bringing to Verizon.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
HTC certainly has. The 8X will be available on contract from 12 November on AT&T and T-Mobile, with a price of $199 on contract. Verizon is also expected to sell the handset but has given no pricing and only a "mid November" target.

Now, how much is the Lumia 920 going to cost on AT&T, and when can I buy one? Ooops. Still don't know.

Yeah seriously. We all know how important pricing and availability dates trump the simple idea of just wanting a device because we want it.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Why post this after it's already been announced as an ATT exclusive?

Because there is NO way Nokia can't just come out with a "925" or something in 3-6 months on Verizon, right?

Have some faith.

The "exclusive" does not mean there will never ever ever be anything like the 920 on another carrier. Nokia wants to sell phones. They have to sell phones. If you really believe that there isn't going to be a 920 or a very 920-like device on Verizon I think you're being needlessly pessimistic.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Its not about Verizon getting a 920 one day, its about it being available at launch. How many people wanna wait 30-90 days on a exclusive deal when the new nexus phones, and other wp8 phones will already have been available. If Vzw people have to wait multiple months for a phone, odds are gen 2 wp8 phones will be at MWC and getting prepped for release. So Nokia is in a pickle if they want Vzw customers

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

T-mobile is a third rate carrier. If you want the best and latest phones you don't go with a carrier like that. It's pretty simple. T-Mobile is almost always going to get the best stuff last or not at all.

Maybe the merger with MetroPCS will change that, but it's certainly not Nokia's fault. Look to your carrier if you want to place blame.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb