The 920 is obviously coming to Verizon so just stop *EDIT* Or not.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If I hadn't sold my Galaxy Nexus in anticipation of getting a WP8 device on launch day, I might have considered waiting a week or 2 if that time frame were set in stone. However, now that I'm using a 4 year old flip phone, I will be at the Verizon store on day 1. If that means I end up with an 8X, so be it as it was a close 2nd to the 920 on my list.

So are you going to be at the VZW store on day one to but an iPhone or Android phone? VZW has still not announced a single device that will be available at platform launch, or any other date for that matter. Selling a working phone on the anticipation that a carrier will have something new in a month (that they have still not even acknowledged exists) is like selling your 2012 car because you "know" a rumored 2013 car that as never been seen will be available in a month. Good luck riding the bus waiting for it to arrive....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I really want the 920, but there is nothing about it worth waiting even more then a day for. It's 8X or ATIV for me. Still not sure which one but the ATIV has a huge battery compared to the 8X. I dunno.

...and VSW has still not officially acknowledged the Ativ or 8X as even coming soon.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
HTC certainly has. The 8X will be available on contract from 12 November on AT&T and T-Mobile, with a price of $199 on contract. Verizon is also expected to sell the handset but has given no pricing and only a "mid November" target.

Now, how much is the Lumia 920 going to cost on AT&T, and when can I buy one? Ooops. Still don't know.

VZW has only committed to having devices in quarter 4 and has otherwise remained completely silent. Until they name devices and dates, the statement is about as meaningful as the ones from RIM executives as to when BB10 will appear....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, technically I dont KNOW know. :) Your Sony example doesn't really apply because no Sony devices are ever on Verizon. The 822 is coming to Verizon and I will not believe that Nokia would waste time building a CDMA 822 if that is all they were bringing to Verizon.

Nothing is confirmed as coming to VZW since VZW has not made any announcements beyond unspecified phones in quarter 4. This is coming from a company that frequently lets you pre-order the latest and greatest android and iPhone models. Until VZW officially announces specific devices with dates, it is all pure speculation as to which (if any) devices will be carried. Looking at FCC certifications by manufacturers also does not mean that the device will be available. It means that they simply got something certified to work on a CDMA network. There is a certification for a 4G Blackberry Playbook too - have you seen any of those on sale at VZW (or anywhere else)?

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So are you going to be at the VZW store on day one to but an iPhone or Android phone? VZW has still not announced a single device that will be available at platform launch, or any other date for that matter. Selling a working phone on the anticipation that a carrier will have something new in a month (that they have still not even acknowledged exists) is like selling your 2012 car because you "know" a rumored 2013 car that as never been seen will be available in a month. Good luck riding the bus waiting for it to arrive....
Why would I buy an iPhone or Android device when I flat out said that I'd be buying a WP8 phone? Even if Verizon doesn't get a Windows Phone 8 device until December 31st, I will not be going back to Android or iOS. Day 1 meant the first day that a WP8 device is available on Verizon.

Anyway, why do you care what I do with my phones? Since I'll be paying full retail for my next phone, I wanted to get the most money out of my Galaxy Nexus as I could. Also, having a flip phone on my account for a couple of months will save me over $60 in data plan charges, which ends up being a $400 down payment on whichever phone I end up purchasing. Sounds pretty smart to me.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Why would I buy an iPhone or Android device when I flat out said that I'd be buying a WP8 phone? Even if Verizon doesn't get a Windows Phone 8 device until December 31st, I will not be going back to Android or iOS. Day 1 meant the first day that a WP8 device is available on Verizon.

Anyway, why do you care what I do with my phones? Since I'll be paying full retail for my next phone, I wanted to get the most money out of my Galaxy Nexus as I could. Also, having a flip phone on my account for a couple of months will save me over $60 in data plan charges, which ends up being a $400 down payment on whichever phone I end up purchasing. Sounds pretty smart to me.

The guy obviously has something eating at him inside. Notice how he has numerous posts in a row puking the same thing.

luonchinguoc

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I really want the 920, but there is nothing about it worth waiting even more then a day for. It's 8X or ATIV for me. Still not sure which one but the ATIV has a huge battery compared to the 8X. I dunno.

ATIV has not much difference on their battery 2300mAh compared to 2000mAh of 920 because ATIVE has bigger display. ATIVE has Card slot but 920 has not.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
ATIV has not much difference on their battery 2300mAh compared to 2000mAh of 920 because ATIVE has bigger display. ATIVE has Card slot but 920 has not.

Yep, I was comparing the battery with the 8X, not the 920. The 920 is my #1 choice, followed by the ATIV.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
VZW has only committed to having devices in quarter 4 and has otherwise remained completely silent. Until they name devices and dates, the statement is about as meaningful as the ones from RIM executives as to when BB10 will appear....
You seem.... grumpy.....

What on Earth would Verizon wait for?? AT&T to get the users who have wanted WP (a small yet mighty crowd) on Verizon to switch? A large group of Trophy users and those actually interested will be watching. Verizon will have some options on Launch day. Just good sense. Verizon has announced they are excited for WP8. That is all but a confirmation they will have it.

@scout_13... I respect your commitment. A four year old flip phone??? Ewwwww... I would be there opening day as the doors unlock...

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
@scout_13... I respect your commitment. A four year old flip phone??? Ewwwww... I would be there opening day as the doors unlock...
Yes, I am definitely committed to WP8. I find iOS to be too boring and Android to stutter a little too often, despite having the best hardware out there. BB10 looks to be a viable competitor so long as RIM gets rid of the reliance on BES/BIS as it severely limited what you could do with e-mail as a non-corporate user. Windows Phone has always put a lot of information at your fingertips and the controlled structure of the OS makes it more likely that there will be fewer software glitches than with more open operating systems. I'm also liking the fact that my laptop, phone, and soon-to-be tablet will provide very similar user experiences.

The worst part is that this flip phone was inactive during a period in time where they sent out a vital software update. As a result, I couldn't use VZW Backup Assistant to transfer my contacts over. While I'm still great at texting with T9, it's such a pain to try to input a person's first and last name when re-entering contact details. November can't get here soon enough.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, technically I dont KNOW know. :) Your Sony example doesn't really apply because no Sony devices are ever on Verizon.

Last year the Xperia Play was on Verizon.

The 822 is coming to Verizon and I will not believe that Nokia would waste time building a CDMA 822 if that is all they were bringing to Verizon.

With WP7, Verizon sold the HTC Trophy but not the HTC Titan...isn't it entirely possible that they'll do the same with Nokia's WP8 phones?

Also, the CDMA model may not JUST be for Verizon. It could also be for US Cellular and numerous Chinese carriers that also use CDMA. A high-priced Lumia 920 may not be appropriate for any of these lower-cost CDMA carriers.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the 810 makes me think Verizon still has a 920
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is true until Verizon actually reveals their WP8 plans. I'd love to see all of the high-end devices come to VZW so that WP8 has the best chance to attract new users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon