Is this the worst product roll-out you have ever seen?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you've paid attention to any Nokia launches in the past 3-4 years they've all been like this. I wouldn't even call the 920 launch the worst of them.

EDIT: Although I'm really really annoyed about my choice of colours being black, black, or black. Thanks Nokia, thanks Rogers.

I am sure they thank you as we'll since they got your money

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree it's bad I have been waiting as well and it's not Nokia that's the issue Microsoft is running this show and roll out so let's put the blame on the right company.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
hmm you using a iphone 5 and your username is Nokia4life..........weird

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
In 3 months when we get yellow and red we'll see about that, as seems to be the case with Nokia. I'm more inclined to believe that they just don't make enough of every colour to service every market at launch.

well. I always think it's the carrier's request for it. maybe they wanted to give the multi colured phone to rogers. but decline because it doesn't fit their style

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Between the horrid lack of pricing/release dates/carrier information and these Nokia "exclusivity" announcements, this whole thing is beginning to feel like a slow motion train wreck.

Is it too early to call this a fiasco? New Coke, anyone???

Not really.

The only train wreck I see is this thread.

People get so hyperbolic about the most inconsequential stuff here, it is ridiculous. Relax.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
In the long run it won't matter! Other than the people on these boards no one really cares at this point. The fact is that Nokia has what looks like it will be the best smartphone on the market. What will matter is how they price it and advertise it. The rollout will be long forgotten.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
hmm you using a iphone 5 and your username is Nokia4life..........weird

doesn't really mean much honestly... I own an LG Optimus Quantum, Samsung Focus, Bold 9900, Torch 9800, Iphone 4, Iphone 3G, Acer Liquid E, Galaxy SII, Bold 9700 and a bunch of BB Curves... Right now I'm using a bold 9900 and I'm still an pro WP user.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure iPhone users felt the same driving itch every time an unconfirmed rumor slid down the road.

MS wants a unified release if all things win8. That makes good sense to me.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
It's good sense to MS and the fact is, if we count Oct 29th as the official date of WP8's launch, we are all good. You get your phones on Nov 4th after all.

The small issue is people are getting worked up by the WP8 dev summit, then a radio silence before the Samsung, Nokia and HTC announcement and then the radio silence again.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not see a failure.

I have a friend who has been an Apple ****** since the iPhone3GS. He is currently using an iPhone4S but stopped at the AT&T store and tried the Nokia Lumia 900. He is impressed with it and is interested in the Nokia Lumia 920.

If long time Apple fanboys/fangirls are noticing the new Windows Phones and skipping the iPhone5, there is definitely potential for WP8.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I do not see a failure.

I have a friend who has been an Apple ****** since the iPhone3GS. He is currently using an iPhone4S but stopped at the AT&T store and tried the Nokia Lumia 900. He is impressed with it and is interested in the Nokia Lumia 920.

If long time Apple fanboys/fangirls are noticing the new Windows Phones and skipping the iPhone5, there is definitely potential for WP8.

IOS needs an upgrade. It's starting to get stale.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IOS needs an upgrade. It's starting to get stale.

That's what my friend said when he played with the iPhone5. It bored him.

He was impressed with the responsiveness of the Nokia Lumia 900 and the build quality, so he is even more interested in the Nokia Lumia 920.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That's what my friend said when he played with the iPhone5. It bored him.

He was impressed with the responsiveness of the Nokia Lumia 900 and the build quality, so he is even more interested in the Nokia Lumia 920.

Yup! It needs a facelift. :D

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, MS wants to do an Apple and generate the hype over Oct 29th. Something like, 'Windows 8 is great, but here's more!'

But when devices are announced 2 months ago, it will seem like a lifetime in mobile. Note the LG Nexus rumors.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Two months is the worst? Is your memory span as short as a goldfish's?

An overwhelming number of devices launch much, much later than that. And no, it is not restricted to devices which flopped. Remember how late the GSII was to the US?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Two months is the worst? Is your memory span as short as a goldfish's?

An overwhelming number of devices launch much, much later than that. And no, it is not restricted to devices which flopped. Remember how late the GSII was to the US?

It isn't that bad, my memory. The L900 was released 3 months after the announcement at CES, Duke Nukem Forever released after a full 15 years of development.

But when other manufacturers can flood the hype of one device out by releasing and announcing multiple devices that are on par with your own device, you aren't doing it totally right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb