What OEM will reach to the top of the mountain?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. The windiws phone OEM war is almost starting. And which OEM will reach to the top?

Samsung said they want to dominate wp by using their galaxy strategy. (I know surprising) iwth their samsung ativ S and most likely use Verizon and t-mobile to advertise the phone. And verizon's flagship model.
Htc said they are going bug on wp and putting half of their focus into windows phone. And they are going to have a massive campaign on the 8s and 8X. They are going to multiple carriers and and t-mobile's advertised phone. advertising it.
Nokia is going to use the 920 and advertise it much much more heavily with at&t joing them.

So which OEM is going to reach to the top of the mountain

AT&T are going to get the lumia 920 and has a massive launch with wp8 and windows 8. 920 as their flagship
T-mobile will get the ativ S and 8X. But t-mobile will likely advertise the 8X
Verizon will get the Samsung ativ S and 8X and most likely the 920 later. They will likely advertise the 8X and ativ s first then get the 920 next. Also they are going all in for windows phone. Since they need a third player and this is their opportunity to do so.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
would be nice but personally I can't see it, people said the same thing about the lumia 900.

No they didn't. That was some people. But this one is clearly obvious. That they are. But I doubt it would have the 920 name though. It would be a different phone with the same features as the 920

Last edited:

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
No they didn't. That was some people. But this one is clearly obvious. That they are. But I doubt it would have the 920 name though. It would be a different phone with the sales features as the 920

You are just some people too. There is still absolutely no evidence to support your theory of a short exclusive. I'm not saying it won't happen, but there is no evidence either way right now.

I think HTC. Nokia is killing itself with poor choices, Samsung is more interested in creating their own ecosystem. If they were serious they would have announced more than one device.

HTC is in a position where it could be the next Samsung (really successful) or the next Nokia (on the verge of going under). If WP8 catches on, the 8X will have the wide availability and mass appeal to be the GSIII of Windows Phone.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You are just some people too. There is still absolutely no evidence to support your theory of a short exclusive. I'm not saying it won't happen, but there is no evidence either way right now.

I think HTC. Nokia is killing itself with poor choices, Samsung is more interested in creating their own ecosystem. If they were serious they would have announced more than one device.

HTC is in a position where it could be the next Samsung (really successful) or the next Nokia (on the verge of going under). If WP8 catches on, the 8X will have the wide availability and mass appeal to be the GSIII of Windows Phone.

I find it likely that wp8 will catch on. Very good. It it's either the 920 or the 8X to be the s3 of windows phone. But Nokia doesn't do exclusives in other parts of the world. Then they are fine. But we should wait first.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to have to say either hTC or Samsung in that order, lots of people I know seem to have something against Nokia and won't touch it with a 10ft pole.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I find it likely that wp8 will catch on. Very good. It it's either the 920 or the 8X to be the s3 of windows phone. But Nokia doesn't do exclusives in other parts of the world. Then they are fine. But we should wait first.
well the 920 is exclusive to rogers in canada

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The midrange battles will be the one to decide who stands on top of the mountain.

And for that, HTC and Nokia provides the 8S and the 820 which means it will be a battle between the 2 companies.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It will be Samsung for sure. Samsung is doing everything possible to put a chokehold on the phone market. They will flex their muscle sooner than later.

They announced one, unexciting Windows Phone 8. It doesn't even look like they are trying to win the Windows Phone race. Android grew its market share on mid and low end devices, a space Samsung isn't even competing in for Windows Phone 8 at launch.

It will be HTC or Nokia, and my money is on HTC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)