Could the 8X be the WP8 "sleeper hit" in the US?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
But I'm not just talking about the US. I'm talking about worldwide. And Nokia will easily outsell the 8X worldwide. True fact

Global could very well come down to pricing. But yes, odds are good it will sell better worldwide. OEMs like tcl and others will eat away at those profits though. How big is windows phone overseas?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Global could very well come down to pricing. But yes, odds are good it will sell better worldwide. OEMs like tcl and others will eat away at those profits though. How big is windows phone overseas?

It may take time but it's still growing. So now you don't care about wp. While you're here, way to go. (clap)

. There was a lot of aguing going on since you came. So please don't push it

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what your talking about. I'll just end it by saying as long as Verizon gets the 8x I won't lose any sleep. The Ativ would be a dream. Hopefully wp8 takes off big.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea what your talking about.

Dude. It's dead simple. Do you. I mean you care about wimdows phone or not. Becuase every time I see your post you're always so negative about it. Look I know you like htc and Samsung. But you sir need to,Learn to respect OEMs

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a prediction that the 8X will be a big seller simply because it's a cool looking phone that will be available on 3 of the 4 big US carriers. What do you guys think?

Note: There's not a lot known about the ATIV S carrier availability as of this post. Perhaps the ATIV S can impact my prediction but we'll have to wait and see.

Actually, according to HTC's website, it is available on ONE of the carriers (AT&T).

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Dude. It's dead simple. Do you. I mean you care about wimdows phone or not. Becuase every time I see your post you're always so negative about it. Look I know you like htc and Samsung. But you sir need to,Learn to respect OEMs

if I didn't care I wouldn't be here. How's the rocket program down under.
Communities Dominate Brands: Smartphone Penetration Rates by Country! We Have Good Data (finally)

Yes, the united states is the center of the world when it comes to smartphones, no other country has close to the number of subscribers.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
if I didn't care I wouldn't be here. How's the rocket program down under.
Communities Dominate Brands: Smartphone Penetration Rates by Country! We Have Good Data (finally)

Yes, the united states is the center of the world when it comes to smartphones, no other country has close to the number of subscribers.

China?. China is already the main place to get market share and wp is going fine there. You know the 920 is gong to china mobile. Which is the largest mobi.e operator in the world. And they don't have the iPhone. Getting the 920 there is a big achievement

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Eh

Just because it's on every carrier doesn't mean it's going to sell like crazy. Needs pushing from the OEM and the carriers

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Bigger than in the US :p

On an unrelated note, would you believe that in Finland I see more Lumias than SGS3s on the streets? Nokia is really strong around here, naturally, but I've understood that WPs marketshare in Europe is bigger WPs marketshare in the US at the very least.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Bigger than in the US :p

On an unrelated note, would you believe that in Finland I see more Lumias than SGS3s on the streets? Nokia is really strong around here, naturally, but I've understood that WPs marketshare in Europe is bigger WPs marketshare in the US at the very least.

I will believe that as that fits in the narrative that WP has now more than 10% marketshare in Finland. And Italy too.

It all comes down to what the salespeople promote, the droids, iPhone or WP. And which brand has the good name underneath the banner.

I will note that the LG Nexus, a competitor that will test the L920, will show whether people buy the Nexus phones for Google's brand, or are those people buying Nexus phones because they are from a more reliable brand in Samsung or Asus. The competition's offering is important if WP has to make a breakthrough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss