Should I get my GF a Samsung Ativ S, 920 or 8X?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I really do need help. I'm not that techy on stuff than you guys. sorry bout that.

So my girlfriend wanted a new Windows phone 8 device. and I'm helping her to decide which one to get. She's currently on a Samsung Galaxy s3 and wanting to switch to Wp. She like the Ativ S, 920 and the 8X. She;s very excited. She actually convinced her whole family in her family tree to get a Windows phone device.

So she wants the Ativ S because of it's large screen and she loves the metal like design. and she like the Micro SD storage. and does also use Chaton sometimes. and she does like a removable battery. since Chaton is a exclusive app on Sammy Wps

So also like the Nokia Lumia 920. because of the Pureview Camera, Wireless Charging and Sensitive Screen. she does like the Cyan colour. She loves those features. she also loves Nokia phones. but she's also a photographer. since it's her part time job and is learning it at school

and now is the 8X. lovely phone she said. she loves the style and like it since it's a MS signed phone and also since it's coming to NZ soon. she is also a Beat Audio fan and she has beats earphones and a beats laptop. and she is loves the tennis ball colour. and she does Skype a lot. to her friends. using the wide camera.

So Which phone should I get. she's also watching you guys answers. she won't mind which phone to get. it's based on your opinion.

Also no being Bias please. never lie in front of a girl watching your answers ;)

SHE BROKE HER PHONE AND HAS A CONTRACT UP VERY SOON AND I NEED HELP

Last edited:

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My advice is to wait until the phones finally drop, go to the store and see all 3 in person. Everybody is going to have their own opinion, just see what one she prefers. It's hard to make that call since none of us have really held any of these devices yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
My advice is to wait until the phones finally drop, go to the store and see all 3 in person. Everybody is going to have their own opinion, just see what one she prefers. It's hard to make that call since none of us have really held any of these devices yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
well we were on holiday we tried out the 920 in NY and her dad is a journalist and went to the 8X event. and he's not bias

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, the L920 will fit her needs as it is a good camera for a smartphone. Although I do think as a lady, the weight of the phone will play a huge part in determining which phone she will get.

It's about your gf's needs. Ask her what she needs for a phone.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Woman to woman (as your girl is watching), sometimes we don't know what we want but we know what we don't want... Lol

As twincamfxd said only she can decide, try them all out and one will come up trumps.

Personally, I'd hate someone to surprise me with a new phone unless I have dropped massive hints about which one I would like!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Does she sport long'ish fingernails? In that case the screen of the 920 might be valuable to her.

Other than that, it seems that each phone offers something she wants, so I guess just getting hands on with each is really the only way to solve it :D

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Does she sport long'ish fingernails? In that case the screen of the 920 might be valuable to her.

Other than that, it seems that each phone offers something she wants, so I guess just getting hands on with each is really the only way to solve it :D

no really. she doesn't. But da Problem is that her contract is almost up. like October 26th. Special day for us.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, the L920 will fit her needs as it is a good camera for a smartphone. Although I do think as a lady, the weight of the phone will play a huge part in determining which phone she will get.

It's about your gf's needs. Ask her what she needs for a phone.

she can't pick which is the problem. she's torn

DevilRaiders

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
All three will be great WP8 products. Which one to get depends on personal preference. Personally, I'm waiting to hold each phone. That said, Nokia is 100% in WP, and their Apps are a huge selling point for me, while Samsung & HTC are still in bed with Android.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
no really. she doesn't. But da Problem is that her contract is almost up. like October 26th. Special day for us.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why is it a problem that her contract is almost up? Will her current phone stop working all of a sudden?

The best advice I can give is what others have said: Go to a store and hold, play, experiment with as many phones as possible. Take your sweet time. Let your GF select what's best for her. Also, don't forget that there may be some issues with one or more of these phones. You never know. It'd be better to wait one month after release to see if any problems have surfaced.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 is my choice.

I am coming from an GS3 too which is the best phone I have ever tried or owned but the whole point of switching is to spice up your life right? You might as make the wholesale change and go with a different screen so the Ativ S is out.

So that leaves the Lumia 920 or if you are willing to take a chance that HTC fixed all the hardware problems they had with the One X, the 8x might be the better fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm with tomatoes11, my first choice would be the 920. However, it won't launch on Verizon so my 2nd choice would be the ATIV, followed by the 8X (I actually think the 8S looks way, way better... actually better then all the top phones... but it doesn't have the specs the others have.)

The ATIV has a larger screen and battery then the 8X and double the storage PLUS the ability to add more via a SD card.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why is it a problem that her contract is almost up? Will her current phone stop working all of a sudden?

The best advice I can give is what others have said: Go to a store and hold, play, experiment with as many phones as possible. Take your sweet time. Let your GF select what's best for her. Also, don't forget that there may be some issues with one or more of these phones. You never know. It'd be better to wait one month after release to see if any problems have surfaced.
yes she broke her phone

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If it's urgent and she likes all, perhaps get the one that is available to you guys and girls first?

Even though.. 920 is still the right answer :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb