Is the $40 windows 8 upgrade price temporarily?

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I Was thinking of upgrading my Windows 7 PC to Windows 8 on Oct 26th but i not sure yet, because they maybe some bugs for like the first month or so,so now i was thinking of upgrading maybe next month thats why i ask.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I Was thinking of upgrading my Windows 7 PC to Windows 8 on Oct 26th but i not sure yet, because they maybe some bugs for like the first month or so,so now i was thinking of upgrading maybe next month thats why i ask.
Go for it. I've been using it since the Consumer Preview; the RTM version is very solid, and they have already rolled out the first service pack. One of the things they did for Win8 was make it much easier to update the core pieces of the OS through their normal patch process.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, thought I had read that somewhere. I'd want final confirmation that people sporting OEM Win 7 are capable of upgrading too, cos that's what I have.. There was some MS written article somewhere and the MS employee answered a lot of questions in the comments, but never the dozens of questions asking for confirmation if OEM OSs are eligible for upgrade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb