[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA8sLsM3McU&feature=relmfu[/YT]

'And it feels like I am just too close to love you...'

I feel that the ad was a very good attempt. At least compared to .

WP8 ads, any expectations?
    10-13-2012 02:25 PM
    I actually do not remember ever seeing this or any other IE9 ads.
    Villain likes this.
    10-13-2012 02:33 PM
    I actually do not remember ever seeing this or any other IE9 ads.
    You just did. :)
    10-13-2012 02:35 PM
    You just did. :)
    This was the first time I saw it.

Truth be told, had IE9 been something new at this time, the ad would not convince me to use IE9 instead of Firefox or Opera.

The ad is pretty, but it does not show why IE9 is better than other browsers. I'd need to see what features it offers that the other browsers lack.
    10-13-2012 02:38 PM

Truth be told, had IE9 been something new at this time, the ad would not convince me to use IE9 instead of Firefox or Opera.

The ad is pretty, but it does not show why IE9 is better than other browsers. I'd need to see what features it offers that the other browsers lack.
    You know the ideas behind ads...'Ooo, flashy!' And they will use it. That's the theory at least.
    10-13-2012 02:43 PM
    I would rather have ads for WP8 like what we saw a few days back with 4 leaked W8 ads.

That said, MSFT is spending $1.5 billion from this weekend till the launch i.e. 26th October on marketing. So I am really hoping to see some great advertising and marketing boost near the launch!
    10-13-2012 02:45 PM
    I'd actually like to see something like this iPad ad. It's not flashy, but it shows off features.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqSsScRCwQ[/YT]
    10-13-2012 02:51 PM
    The IE9 ad is so catchy and eye appealing that I actually used IE for the first time in years. I still love my Chrome and Opera but at least the ad drew my attention!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    10-13-2012 03:05 PM

It actually got me to try IE exclusively for a few days... It actually wasn't that bad, but when you get used to firefox with a bunch of ad ons, it's hard to switch.

I like the W8 commercials, catchy music, and informative. They should showcase WP8 in a similar way IMO.
    10-13-2012 03:10 PM
    The ad campaign seemed pretty big to me in early summer here in germany. It was played in almost every other commercial break. I remember seeing it on the big screens between the concerts in rock im park 2012.
    Now that's how advertisement should be and going at WP8 ads in a similar fashion should at least help with getting more attention.
    10-13-2012 06:36 PM
    I see that IE9 ad ALL THE TIME here in the US. Kind of weird that they kicked off that ad campaign so late in the IE9s life. It's a great ad, btw.
    10-13-2012 07:00 PM
    I am using IE9 as a secondary browser. Strangely I don't use Chrome.
    10-14-2012 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD