Q: How to Transition Business from BB to WP8

alansari_ammar

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Apologies if I have placed this in the wrong section but this one seemed the most relevant. If not please direct me.

My company have been using BlackBerry as the business medium for a long time (as many others) lately they have started to look into alternatives as BB proved their security is no longer (to the promoted extend) provide the required level in addition to the poor performance of BB devices.

Our IT department have been testing iPhones (understandably) as an alternative mean. My question is if I wanted to introduce WP8 to our IT dept as another alternative, where is/are the best sources that talks about WP8 as a valid and secure mean to satisfy a business's needs, expert talks, analysts ...etc. I know WP8 is not out yet but based on WP7 and the expected improvements towards WP8.

Any directions/help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, Ammar from Saudi Arabia

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to answer your question right now, since WP8 isn't yet released. I'd hold out until late October, when the feature set is revealed.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Won't know the majority of details until October 29th.

After working on blackberry tech I am definitely interested if MS has some kind of competition for BES servers. Also RIM also has "mobile fusion" which is a BYOD system that also supports Iphone and android.

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I know microsoft is coming out with software to watch over win rt and WP8 devices. Also WP8 will have bit encryption and several other security features.

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
The integration of Windows Phone 7.5 and Microsoft Exchange is pretty impressive. Push email, full calendar and tasks. I'm sure WP8 will add remote wipe and encryption.

alansari_ammar

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I really would like to thank you all for the input here. as it seems still not that clear and I will just have to wait til end of Oct to get the full scope. but again thank you all and will try to revive this post launch.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
How are they looking to secure non Blackberry phones? Are they looking at third party products like Good Mobile Messaging? Or are they looking to just use ActiveSync. Simple email is just one piece of mobile devices, the biggest trend right now is having a MDM product for your device as well.

Hi,

Apologies if I have placed this in the wrong section but this one seemed the most relevant. If not please direct me.

My company have been using BlackBerry as the business medium for a long time (as many others) lately they have started to look into alternatives as BB proved their security is no longer (to the promoted extend) provide the required level in addition to the poor performance of BB devices.

Our IT department have been testing iPhones (understandably) as an alternative mean. My question is if I wanted to introduce WP8 to our IT dept as another alternative, where is/are the best sources that talks about WP8 as a valid and secure mean to satisfy a business's needs, expert talks, analysts ...etc. I know WP8 is not out yet but based on WP7 and the expected improvements towards WP8.

Any directions/help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, Ammar from Saudi Arabia

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you run a sizeable IT department, and are considering a WP8 device, then i'm guessing you have some sort of Microsoft contact for purchases, etc.

There must be some business contact that can give you this information, even if theyt can't send it till the 26th when its all officially announced.

If Microsoft are serious about business, they must some PDFs somewhere with everything described.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05