If there's a choice for browsers on WP8, what will you use?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The reason I dislike IE is that it is historically been the browser with the worst compliance to W3C standards. internet explorer - Coding for IE vs Coding for W3C Standards - Stack Overflow

This.

It's not really a security issue, IE 9 and later are as secure as anything else. The problem is that Microsoft has traditionally stuck to it's own standards for web instead of complying with everyone else. Everyone else is making mobile sites for WebKit browsers and other sites designed for the standards everyone else BESIDES Microsoft uses.

In English, that means webpages won't always appear/work right on IE when they work fine on anything else, and it's Microsoft's fault.

This is much less of an issue than it used to be though as far as I can tell. I do have problems with IE9 on my phone though from time to time. I'm optimistic that we will see some significant improvements in IE10, but I would still like the option for 3rd party browsers so we can be truly independent.

If Microsoft is not going to make IE10 and Bing best-in-class, then at least let us choose our own default browser and default search please.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Firefox whenever possible on the desktop. But on my phone, I like IE, and would probably continue to use it, unless one of the others provides a superior experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte