If there's a choice for browsers on WP8, what will you use?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've used Firefox for a very long time mostly exclusively on PC.

I tend to prefer the default browser of a phone unless for example the Firefox would be much better in some way. But barring any major shortcomings, I'll probably just use IE. I've heard that on smartphones its one of the better browsers (already in WP7)

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Browsers do my head in these days.

Back in the day, i just installed IE, and that was all the browser i ever needed.

Nowadays i have to run multiple browsers because of various issues, and its a pain.

I'll stick with IE, as i'd hope Microsoft get anonymous feedback info, and they can use that to continually improve the browser.

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Chrome, just a personal preference what with my browsing history, bookmarks and extensions already syncing between work and home, why not my phone also?

i'm interested in trying out Nokia's browser which routes traffic through compression servers.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Browsers do my head in these days.

Back in the day, i just installed IE, and that was all the browser i ever needed.

Nowadays i have to run multiple browsers because of various issues, and its a pain.

I'll stick with IE, as i'd hope Microsoft get anonymous feedback info, and they can use that to continually improve the browser.

What he said. :cool:

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping IE10 mobile is better than IE9 mobile, but I would love a real choice non IE-based browsers. On my computers I use IE, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I'd be OK with IE10 + any non IE based browser, Firefox, Opera or Chrome would be fine.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK why everyone hates on IE? Back in the day, I used IE over the alternatives because it seemed to be more compatible with the sites I visited. Because of these compatibility issues, I never could stand using Firefox for more than a day or 2 at a time.

With all these security issues that people complain about on IE, I haven't had a full blown virus, just the occasional malware from venturing to sites I know I shouldn't or accidentally clicked on without paying enough attention ;) ... Anyhow, nowadays I use IE for about 90% of my surfing. If for some reason I feel a site or link is questionable, I'll pull it up on my phone first or use FireFox.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I chose Firefox, but I would have preferred if the poll allowed multiple choice, since I also like Opera.

My desktop browsers of preference are: Firefox, Opera and Chrome (in that order). IE is installed, but I might use it once every couple months.

I prefer cross-platform browsers, rather than browsers that are only for certain OSes, since I run Linux more than I run Windows.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
IDK why everyone hates on IE? Back in the day, I used IE over the alternatives because it seemed to be more compatible with the sites I visited. Because of these compatibility issues, I never could stand using Firefox for more than a day or 2 at a time.

With all these security issues that people complain about on IE, I haven't had a full blown virus, just the occasional malware from venturing to sites I know I shouldn't or accidentally clicked on without paying enough attention ;) ... Anyhow, nowadays I use IE for about 90% of my surfing. If for some reason I feel a site or link is questionable, I'll pull it up on my phone first or use FireFox.

The reason I dislike IE is that it is historically been the browser with the worst compliance to W3C standards. internet explorer - Coding for IE vs Coding for W3C Standards - Stack Overflow

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess the question I want to ask is which browser you will use as your primary browser, so I didn't go multi-choice.

But it's a hope that the other browser makers can bring their own browsers to WP8. I rather there be choice.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
on smartphone IE10 i might use firefox or opera as a secondary browser
i won't touch anything related to google same in my Pc nothing related to google :D
on PC using firefox as a main browser

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about Internet Explorer 10. I've been using Firefox for years now, but with all the IE-bashing that's going on on the internet these days I decided to try out IE 9 to see what te fuzz was all about, but it worked perfectly. It's just that I'm so used to certain Firefox add-ons, so I won't switch over immediatly, but Internet Explorer certainly got my attention!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb