Tell me you don't expect this type or better ads for WP8!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yswUFCD1x0A&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Does anyone else think that WP8 marketing will be MUCH better than what we saw with WP7?

They are doing it right this time! If Surface ads are anything to go by, November will show us some penultimate marketing of WP8 no?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anything regarding WP8. Seen lots of Windows 8 commercials. You think they would include WP8 in those commercials as well. Seems like wasted opportunity to me.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, they are still keeping most of the OS as a secret, so I guess it's understandable. That said, I guess they could've just stop doing that to get some WP8s going into these ads too, but I guess it's better to focus on few things rather than 2 totally different devices, but I guess they couldve added glimpses of WP8 devices to get the word out.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No, I can honestly say I expect WP8 marketing to continue to be abysmal. Its all on the line with Windows 8 for MS so that will probably be their focus.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I believe it will be much better. This is a huge step for MS and it includes much more the W8. W8 is the foundation once it is laid WP8 will be brought out.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Good commercial. I love how they orient the surface face down so it seems like its 1 fluid motion to open and kick the stand out for desktop config. Just don't know how easy it will be to flip it open when sitting face down like they make it out to be.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
No, I can honestly say I expect WP8 marketing to continue to be abysmal. Its all on the line with Windows 8 for MS so that will probably be their focus.

Windows Phone is almost as important to Microsoft's future as Win8 is believe it or not. Microsoft is still going to make money off of Win 7 licenses even if Win 8 isn't a huge hit. Win 8 will already be on 80-90% of new PC sold whether people want it or not, so Microsoft is going to get paid.

In the phone segment however, nothing is a given. Microsoft cannot take anything for granted there and I think they are well aware of how important the smartphone market is. The PC market is beginning to die off a bit, more and more people are doing things on cell phones and tablets. Microsoft CANNOT afford not to have a presence in both tablets and smartphones if they want to guarantee their relevance in the future when it comes to consumer technology.

Considering all that, I think we will see Microsoft stop at nothing to see Windows Phone succeed. It make be a slow burn, but Microsoft is patient and they have deep pockets and they aren't letting this go.

Windows Phone is not the next Zune, it's the next Xbox.

If Microsoft has to give away Windows Phones to get people to use them, they'll do it. Watch and see..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is not the next Zune, it's the next Xbox.

If Microsoft has to give away Windows Phones to get people to use them, they'll do it. Watch and see..
It would be nice if Microsoft offered incentives toward Windows Phones to people who buy new Windows 8 PCs.

I remember how purchase of Windows 7 PCs offered incentives toward Xbox.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If they advertise an ecosystem and sell an ecosystem, I'll invest for sure!

A package of high-end WP8 device + Surface Pro + Xbox Kinect + Xbox Music Pass for ?1499.99 and they show how they all "connect" with each other = awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs