White Lumias - Scratches, dirt, gloss?

pipadee

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I really want to get a white 920 when they are released, however i have a few concerns. Can anyone with a white Lumia 900 help me?

-Are scratches very noticeable? I know polycarbonate is scratch resistant, but it is still possible; dirt can get in the scratch and show up against the white.
-Does the surface itself get dirty? Aside from scratches, does it get goobery and gross from everyday activities?
-How does the gloss hold up? The color goes all the way through, but the glossy finish does not...if there is a knick is the difference in finish super noticeable?

Thanks for the help!!

(if i decide against white, i'll either go for red or black, and even then i can't choose!)

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have case for your phone then yes. Scratches with some wear and tear will show.

I dont have a Nokia but had a white phone.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Polycarbonate isn't really scratch resistance, it just means that behind the White, it will be more white. So it won't be very noticeable.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to add something that I've personally noticed:

Even the matte finish of Lumia's becomes glossy after a while especially on the sides. Your hands will eventually smooth the surface to an extent.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a white lumia 900 since April with no cover. While it does get scratches, you really cant notice them at all. The only place you notice is in the metal plate that has the Carl Zeiss name by the camera. Love the white gloss, which continues strong.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium