Wait is almost over. Only a few hours. NO leaks, are you still EXCITED?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So from here on, it only gets uber exciting!

Excited yet?!

Watch it live here - http://blogs.windows.com/windows_ph...8/how-to-watch-our-windows-phone-8-event.aspx

Just a few hours before WP8 is out there, good, bad and ugly of WP8.

I feel the excitement around these launches hasn't yet got the buzz, but will it pick up now? I know there is an excitment around Windows 8 and Surface RT, but people aren't talking about WP8 yet.

There is HARDLY any news being covered of any leaks this time. Not an iPhone saga. Have we already seen what was to be seen? Anyone finds it odd not to see leaks less than 7 hours before the event?

How do you guys feel about waking up to the buzzed up, hyped up WP8?

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, while I'm waiting for the event, it'll probably be another month till I can get my hands on 920, despite being a Finn >.<

But yes, overall very hyped. The Surface news recently have sort gotten my mind off WP8 a bit, but the Surface for finns is most likely further away than the 920, so now that the biggest Surface buzz is gone about the preorders, starting to focus on WP8 again :D

I havnt had a previous Windows Phone, but a friend of mine who works in IT business and has plenty of phones (including WPs) that the company has gotten him has no use for his Omnia W, so he offered to give it to me to tide over the wait for 920! I told him how I've been going to the stores to get a feel for WP7, so now I get at least a few weeks-month worth of hands on with WP7,5 before getting the Lumia 920 :D

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone thinks Surface dined on the new iPad? Less than 2 days for Windows 8, hope they hint some integration with WP8 during the launch! ;)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait.

The only thing I'm worried about is a wave of negative posts here on some minor issue just like after the Nokia event.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Live wallpaper seems like a great idea. It can actually work as a notification center if any third party developer wants to implement such an idea, I believe.

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Live wallpaper seems like a great idea. It can actually work as a notification center if any third party developer wants to implement such an idea, I believe.

Exactly one could create an app where you pick your location - fav teams - stocks - etc and it becomes a dashboard! Love the idea. I have so many ideas for Live Wallpapers can<t wait to put my hand on the SDK.

Torrent Monitoring, Bus schedule, Subway status(which line is not working, etc)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can see where you guys are taking the live wallpapers to! I can so see a "Notification hub" built on that wallpaper by this Christmas :p

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I am excited. Picked up a Lenovo Yoga 13.1 and love Windows 8, so its tide me over for a bit. I am glad there is suspense. I think the iphone announcement was ruined cause all the leaks were right so there was no surprise. Seems there will be some with wp8 which is good. Cant wait for Monday :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3