so... AT&T preorders tomorrow? in a few hours?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That HTC 8X with 8GB of storage for $99 looks really overpriced compared to the 920 with 32GB of storage at $149. I don't think HTC will sell many at that price.

If the 920 was $199, the 8X would have the right price at $99.

I think HTC has made a big mistake here.

Absolutely, but I will go as far as to say that even the 16GB version should only be worth 99$.

149$ is a good price for the Lumia because of the storage.

luonchinguoc

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Just to ask you one question about unactivated price I have seen in some sites (for instance bestbuy). The unactivated price means the unlocked price and i can use with any simcard.

Many thanks in advance.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The HTC 8X 8GB at these prices will get slaughtered by Nokia's L920 at $149 IMO. I mean, it's not $99 insane, but at $149, you can't really go wrong with Nokia's offering compared to the other flagships from Android and iOS.

Well, unless weight and apps really are the factors for people to buy phones.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just to ask you one question about unactivated price I have seen in some sites (for instance bestbuy). The unactivated price means the unlocked price and i can use with any simcard.

Many thanks in advance.

Unactivated is not unlocked. It is still locked to AT&T. It's just the offcontract price.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still wondering why the Lumia 900 devices are free (among other wp 7.5 devices), but the Focus S is still $99 on their site.

I will wait until it's in store to purchase. I rather see the colors in person prior to purchasing.

unboxfetish

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
for those who preordered at best buy, originally my order page was saying "shipping soon" or something like that. Now it changed to "backordered, 1-2 weeks"

Is this what everyone else is seeing, too?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
for those who preordered at best buy, originally my order page was saying "shipping soon" or something like that. Now it changed to "backordered, 1-2 weeks"

Best Buy's allocation ran out? Well, looks like another 600k Lumias will be sold this quarter in the US.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm not too sure, but I will say from Iphone 5 experience, the amount of stock of the online warehouse is different than your local BB store. What I mean is, just because it's back ordered online, doesn't mean it's back ordered in store. See if you can get one pre-ordered one there!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I ordered within minutes and it is also.

Keep in mind the device doesn't actually launch until Nov 4th most likely. Hence the 1-2 week backorder.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
yeah, mine originally said it would arrive on the 23rd-24th. we obviously know that isnt true, so Im guessing 1-2 weeks backorder is just the new placeholder since it wont begin to ship till the 4th-ish.

Doubt anything is really sold out right now.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The HTC 8X 8GB at these prices will get slaughtered by Nokia's L920 at $149 IMO. I mean, it's not $99 insane, but at $149, you can't really go wrong with Nokia's offering compared to the other flagships from Android and iOS.

Well, unless weight and apps really are the factors for people to buy phones.

Not everyone will buy from att so 920 prob not an option

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a question regarding contract. I'm currenltly on a 2 year contract that started in April. I believe the early termination fee is $325 - $10 for every month you've been on the contract so I'd pay $265. Okay, I'm planning on the 920 and I was going to pay the full price, which I see is $599, but based on that information, is it possible to do the following... call att and tell them I want to break the contract, pay the $265 and then do the $149 with 2 year contract? That's $414 instead of $599. Is there a certain amount of time I have to wait?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

On AT&T, perhaps. An 8 GB 8X on AT&T is gimped to the extreme. But the 920 is big and heavy, and not presently sold on any other carrier. I expect HTC will sell boatloads of 16 GB 8Xes on T-Mobile and Verizon.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a question regarding contract. I'm currenltly on a 2 year contract that started in April. I believe the early termination fee is $325 - $10 for every month you've been on the contract so I'd pay $265. Okay, I'm planning on the 920 and I was going to pay the full price, which I see is $599, but based on that information, is it possible to do the following... call att and tell them I want to break the contract, pay the $265 and then do the $149 with 2 year contract? That's $414 instead of $599. Is there a certain amount of time I have to wait?

AT&T won't let you sign up again for 90 days after you terminate your contract, so you'll have to hang out with another carrier for that time.

I'd suggest pricing an 8X on T-Mobile and calling retentions at AT&T. Explain that you want to leave for T-Mo to get a modern device, since AT&T won't let you upgrade, and that it makes sense even with the ETF. See what retentions will do for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon