So how are things on the WP side of the pond?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have tried WP a couple times and while I saw big potential, the software and hardware were just not up to par yet for me, recently W8 looks pretty nice and the new phones are finally up to par.

Im interested in the 8X but that 8gb only is horrible.

How has WP been? Are you vets still enjoying it? How about sales? Still not strong? Just overall how has WP's progress been?

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh and as far as what I have now? I have the 64gb iPhone 5, its a great phone, does not seem like a HUGE improvement but the bigger screen is nice, the 64gb is great! And the LTE is so damn good. Beyond that its typical iphone which is ok as it does all I need it too.

If there is a 32gb 8x, I will buy as my second phone, the specs are great and it looks SO good. Who knows I may end up a WP guy...I do worry about it catching on though and I need at least 32gb no question, 16gb wont cut it, 8gb is just laughable.

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually curious about this to a degree as well. I love WP, its modern design and great usability throughout look excellent, and you can't beat its fluidity and stability. However, I'm just worried that I'd get bored of it. With Android, when you want a change, you can completely modify the OS and mess around with it to your liking. How are you long-time WP users finding its customizability?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well in the UK I think it been on more shows mainly on BBC THREE hmmm it been sponsoring some show off SKY now that I think about it not much feel like it being drip feed I seen it on cukoo I was like look it the NOKIA LUMIA 900 to my family they all just look at me. :D

I think it would be better if it was advertise in GANGNAM STYLE :D

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried WP a couple times and while I saw big potential, the software and hardware were just not up to par yet for me, recently W8 looks pretty nice and the new phones are finally up to par.

Im interested in the 8X but that 8gb only is horrible.

How has WP been? Are you vets still enjoying it? How about sales? Still not strong? Just overall how has WP's progress been?

The 8X has a 16GB version, you also get 7GB of free Skydrive storage. (Or in the case of us ascended beings 25GB.)

Windows Phone still isn't 100% up to part, just how close will Windows Phone 8 be? We don't know until the next conference.

So things are pretty tense right at this moment, is very exciting.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually curious about this to a degree as well. I love WP, its modern design and great usability throughout look excellent, and you can't beat its fluidity and stability. However, I'm just worried that I'd get bored of it. With Android, when you want a change, you can completely modify the OS and mess around with it to your liking. How are you long-time WP users finding its customizability?
Been using it for over 2 years and I can honestly say I have 0 desire to go back to android and ios still bores me hope that helps!

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The 8X has a 16GB version, you also get 7GB of free Skydrive storage. (Or in the case of us ascended beings 25GB.)

Windows Phone still isn't 100% up to part, just how close will Windows Phone 8 be? We don't know until the next conference.

So things are pretty tense right at this moment, is very exciting.

I hve 25gbs on my live account too, Im not sold on cloud yet, I love having all my music on my device (yes even though I dont listen to all of it), does skydrive have a music player and management? Icloud does it really well by way of itunes match (it matches all of your music and if it does not find certain ones it just uploads yours), so you can stream your music from the cloud or download it to your phone as you want it, very convineant, google music is pretty solid too.

mmaman

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

What worries me is not customize ablity but it just not catching on with consumers thus not having a lot of apps, and just overall failing in the long run because of lack of interest.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I hve 25gbs on my live account too, Im not sold on cloud yet, I love having all my music on my device (yes even though I dont listen to all of it), does skydrive have a music player and management? Icloud does it really well by way of itunes match (it matches all of your music and if it does not find certain ones it just uploads yours), so you can stream your music from the cloud or download it to your phone as you want it, very convineant, google music is pretty solid too.
Upload your music to SkyDrive into a folder using the format: Artist>Album>Tracks. Then use SkyMusic (app) to stream it. Works nicely.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Recently I have been looking into iOS and Android to see what advantages they have. I have been able to play with an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy SIII. Both are great phones. So next I went to YouTube to try and find some detailed walkthroughs of both OS's. I sat through a few and came to the conclusion that WP does everything that both Android and iOS do and visa versa. Some things are done differently, like notifications, but in the end they all do the same thing. The big differentiators are the # of apps and the look and feel of each OS. Windows Phone is definitely behind in the app count but personally I don't think it's a big deal. Most of the big players are on WP. But if having a plethora of apps is important then maybe WP is still not for you. And the look and feel of WP vs iOS and Android is a personal taste thing. I love live tiles and the look and feel of WP. I prefer it over Android's widgets and iOS's grid of icons. But like I said, in the end they all do the same thing. I really don't think there's any major disadvantage in buying into the WP8/W8 ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss