A bit of possible Verizon information

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth but I was in the Scottsdale Microsoft store today to purchase something and during idle conversation with one of the sales reps the subject turned to Verizon. I commented that it would be nice if Verizon was sooner to the table this time. His response was that he didn't know how soon they would be out but that it was their understanding that Verizon was committed to carrying seven Windows Phone 8 devices. He then qualified that by saying he thought that really meant seven configurations of three actual models. Again, just idle conversation but I thought I would just pass it along. FWIW, the Microsoft Store in the mall is downstairs from one of the area's flagship Verizon company stores.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Take this for what it is worth but I was in the Scottsdale Microsoft store today to purchase something and during idle conversation with one of the sales reps the subject turned to Verizon. I commented that it would be nice if Verizon was sooner to the table this time. His response was that he didn't know how soon they would be out but that it was their understanding that Verizon was committed to carrying seven Windows Phone 8 devices. He then qualified that by saying he thought that really meant seven configurations of three actual models. Again, just idle conversation but I thought I would just pass it along. FWIW, the Microsoft Store in the mall is downstairs from one of the area's flagship Verizon company stores.

A Microsoft store employee would know nothing about Verizon's plans.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
A Microsoft store employee certainly would know which Verizon models are going to be available, since they sell new phones -- with and without plans -- at most Microsoft stores.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
A Microsoft store employee would know nothing about Verizon's plans.

You evidently don't realize that they will be selling them through the Microsoft Stores and the website. Wait, that would have taken all of 30 seconds to figure out. I guess it is easier for some people to shoot first and think later (if at all). Oh, it also was prefaced with take it for what it is worth....

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey now my verizon rep tried to talk me out of the iPhone 5. I already decided not to get it. I saw the pc screen for myself! They are getting the wp8. Not sure on the date though. It could be as late as thanksgiving. Anywho, I sunk money into Xbox music because of that info. Word has it verizon is pissed cause apple failed to provide enough stock for walk-ins. So they are going for the wp8 to try and get more sales. HTC is one of their biggest selling phones and people are sick of android and all the crap that comes with it. Trust me 2hrs on the phone with Microsoft yesterday about my carrier not getting it made me threaten to leave Xbox and not even buy windows 8. Emailed me the info to prove it and upped my Xbox subscription. I got all my eggs counted before I decided to jump! Bye bye apple!!:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12