iPhone 5 or Windows Phone 8

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Should have got the Galaxy S3 though. I think it's the best smartphone out right now.

But if ya want something different, you can't go wrong with WP

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Who's living on denial? IOS is great for my kids because all they use their iPhones for is texting, music & games. I, on the other hand, use my phone for mostly everything since I travel a great deal for work & don't have a lot of interest (or time) for games. If that's your thing, IOS may be better right now.

I'm just bored. Want to try something new & WP8 is exactly that. Hoping others feel that way too & a market develops for more app options.

I'm talking to the guy that implies that lots of apps are a bad thing. Windows Phone app selection is really bad so coming from an Apple owner like you, it will be hard getting use to.

Windows Phone isn't really about the apps, as most of the main features are already part of the phone. Via deep integration. Which is nice but I still want more apps (well and better apps (well and cheaper apps))

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Of you have to pick. You have to understand that nothing has really changed in the new iPhone except the design. So I would got for WP8. That's what i would choose if I had that option in front of me.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, Topic Creator seems to just want Windows Phone because is new. He is going to have a really bad time once that newest wears up and he start to miss applications. Which is the main reason some apple fans keep going back to the iphone even if they would like a different looking phone.

Don't get Windows Phone just because you are bored of IOS. It will be a bad decision.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, Topic Creator seems to just want Windows Phone because is new. He is going to have a really bad time once that newest wears up and he start to miss applications. Which is the main reason some apple fans keep going back to the iphone even if they would like a different looking phone.

Don't get Windows Phone just because you are bored of IOS. It will be a bad decision.

I previously had a WP7, the HTC Trophy, I thought the OS was excellent but the phone quality was pretty bad. At that time there were very few apps for WP and it didn't seem like the numbers were going to grow. Things have changes now with the whole Windows 8/WP8 release, all my intentions were by posting this were to hopefully get some honest opinions of what people thought between the two.

If many people think that the apps aren't going to come to WP8 then chances are I will stick with iPhone because about half the apps I use regularly are currently not on WP8.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I changed to Windows Phone because I was bored of iOS and it was the best decision I've ever made.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I changed to Windows Phone because I was bored of iOS and it was the best decision I've ever made.
Yeah, I'm switching and it's not because the phone looks trendier or neat (it does, obviously, but that's not the only reason).

I have close ties with Apple both as a ****** and professionally, but after years and years of hackintoshing/iOS jailbreaking/getting bored with it... WP8 gets my money.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
To be honest i have a lot of faith in the Wp app development currently we are at 125.000 apps in total wich is good butt still behind iOS and Android, but do not underestimate Microsoft with the shared kernel soon many apps wil come to Wp.

I have used both i4 and i4s i like it but it is simple and the last 3 iphones look a like so not really innovative..

I currently use a W7 pc, S3, Nexus 7 and a Lumia 710. My pc will be updgraded to W8 Monday morning, both my S3 and the 710 are making place for the Lumia 920, my Nexus 7 will stay (because i like pure Android as a 2nd ecosystem).

I don't want to have a boring phone like the i5 it is not what it used to be.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

cevag

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
There's lots of good point in this thread, I have a BlackBerry for years now and I love it for sure it does the job for me. I've been using Windows 8 for a while now (consumer release) and I really like it a lot, already purchased the full upgrade.

I've been intrigued by WP8 for a while now, I just don't know for sure to make the jump. I use docs to go on a daily basis (Excel) I can edit no problem with my current phone, I use Emails a ton on this thing. Apps that I use frequently would be twitter, blackberry traffic (pretty decent map and gps), score mobile (Sunday's NFL is the best with that app), gps tool (gives me longs and lats in various numbers) a few others but no big deal.

The integration of WP8 and Win8 would be a great, are they going to have a full integrated ecosystem between all devices?

How easy is it to edit, cut/paste working with office overall? I've tried with IOS, Android and it just doesn't work well at all. It takes 10 xx times to accomplish what I do with my current phone in less than a min.

I receive about 50 emails + daily, does WP integrate email well?

Saving files and such, how is that on a WP? On IOS was brutal (for me) saving files within the app itself try sending a picture a data file and a pdf all at once. Android and BB are similar in the fact it operates similar to a PC. Save the the files within your file folder, which makes it so much easier and cleaner when sending an email and you have to attach 3 different file format. I would assume WP can do this, since its windows. right? lol

I know using a phone with a keyboard and trackpad makes some of the things i do a little simpler, I'm interested in WP8 also to hear some feedback. We are getting BB10 soon but we are rumored to be losing the trackpad so this makes it interesting for myself, I really enjoy Windows 8.

Sorry the long post

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There's lots of good point in this thread, I have a BlackBerry for years now and I love it for sure it does the job for me. I've been using Windows 8 for a while now (consumer release) and I really like it a lot, already purchased the full upgrade.

I've been intrigued by WP8 for a while now, I just don't know for sure to make the jump. I use docs to go on a daily basis (Excel) I can edit no problem with my current phone, I use Emails a ton on this thing. Apps that I use frequently would be twitter, blackberry traffic (pretty decent map and gps), score mobile (Sunday's NFL is the best with that app), gps tool (gives me longs and lats in various numbers) a few others but no big deal.

The integration of WP8 and Win8 would be a great, are they going to have a full integrated ecosystem between all devices?

How easy is it to edit, cut/paste working with office overall? I've tried with IOS, Android and it just doesn't work well at all. It takes 10 xx times to accomplish what I do with my current phone in less than a min.

I receive about 50 emails + daily, does WP integrate email well?

Saving files and such, how is that on a WP? On IOS was brutal (for me) saving files within the app itself try sending a picture a data file and a pdf all at once. Android and BB are similar in the fact it operates similar to a PC. Save the the files within your file folder, which makes it so much easier and cleaner when sending an email and you have to attach 3 different file format. I would assume WP can do this, since its windows. right? lol

I know using a phone with a keyboard and trackpad makes some of the things i do a little simpler, I'm interested in WP8 also to hear some feedback. We are getting BB10 soon but we are rumored to be losing the trackpad so this makes it interesting for myself, I really enjoy Windows 8.

Sorry the long post

I can say something about the keyboard...on my WP7 I had I loved the keyboard. The keyboard on my SGIII drives the heck out of me. My WP7 keyboard was very easy to type on and if I misspelled something most of the time it fixed itself with the correct word.

I also agree, it would be very helpful to be easily able to edit documents on one device then pick it up on your WP8, hopefully somebody else can help us both out of this part.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
To be honest i have a lot of faith in the Wp app development currently we are at 125.000 apps in total wich is good butt still behind iOS and Android, but do not underestimate Microsoft with the shared kernel soon many apps wil come to Wp.

I have used both i4 and i4s i like it but it is simple and the last 3 iphones look a like so not really innovative..

I currently use a W7 pc, S3, Nexus 7 and a Lumia 710. My pc will be updgraded to W8 Monday morning, both my S3 and the 710 are making place for the Lumia 920, my Nexus 7 will stay (because i like pure Android as a 2nd ecosystem).

I don't want to have a boring phone like the i5 it is not what it used to be.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

The world does run on Windows, but the thing I am looking forward to is to see how it will be adopted in the business world with how Windows 8 blends together with so many devices like Apple does.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm talking to the guy that implies that lots of apps are a bad thing. Windows Phone app selection is really bad so coming from an Apple owner like you, it will be hard getting use to.

Windows Phone isn't really about the apps, as most of the main features are already part of the phone. Via deep integration. Which is nice but I still want more apps (well and better apps (well and cheaper apps))

Actually looking forward to seeing fewer apps- not naive enough to say fewer is better, but less crap certainly is. Would be much happier if United Airlines & Concur had apps- hopefully they'll come soon - but I'm good with what's there now & the aspects already integrated into the OS.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've yet to see an application that's truly better on Windows Phone, so since we don't have the quality. Bring up the quantity at least.

Thanks to dual-core, we probably we a lot of ports.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05