What are my options to buy windows phone 8 device?

PerseusPrime

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi-

Background:

I currently have a Nokia Lumia 800 Black (819) on AT&T network and my wife has another Nokia Lumia 800 Black (819) on T-Mobile network. Both these devices are unlocked.

We are super impressed with the next upgrade of windows phone i.e., Windows Phone 8 and would like to upgrade to WP8. Since Microsoft does not have an upgrade path to Windows Phone 8 and both of us would like front-facing camera for Skype with family, etc. We are pretty much set on buying new phones. Now, that is an expensive affair. Isn't it?

We are also impressed with Nokia Lumia 920 and one of us is open to HTC 8X as well. I am ok with one of us buying Lumia 920 and the other HTC 8X.

Questions:

1. How can I make money of my current Lumia 800 devices? Ebay?
2. Does AT&T and T-Mobile have a buyback program? Will I get decent bucks on my 800?
3. How do I make sure the phones don't have any of our personal data when we sell this device? If Ebay, I would like not to do a hard reset which will take the phone all the way to Windows Phone 7.5.

I certainly don't want to waste the money I invested in Lumia 800 and looking at best options that the community is considering as well.

Thanks,
Perseus

Last edited:

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
1) sell your phone whether it is ebay doesnt matter, sell it

2) no, doubtful they will have something liek this. I think HTC had a trade in credit thingy going towards an HTC phone, not sure if that is still going on

3) hard reset, you want to sell your phone, but you want to ensure all your personal data is gone? Makes zero logical sense to me, you are selling the phone, get the personal data off of it. That is what i did when i sold my lumia 900 this weekend, hard reset the thing

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
A hard reset will lose the data bit keep the updates if I'm correctly.

You are secure as long as you do a hard reset, don't worry about that.

You won't get much money for the 800 I believe but Radioshack has a buy back program.

PerseusPrime

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
1) sell your phone whether it is ebay doesnt matter, sell it

2) no, doubtful they will have something liek this. I think HTC had a trade in credit thingy going towards an HTC phone, not sure if that is still going on

3) hard reset, you want to sell your phone, but you want to ensure all your personal data is gone? Makes zero logical sense to me, you are selling the phone, get the personal data off of it. That is what i did when i sold my lumia 900 this weekend, hard reset the thing
How much did you get for your 900?

lordwalker

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How much are you getting for your IPad 2? I am getting $115 from ATT for my Nokia Lumia 800. Will I get more from EBAY?

I would think you would get more selling on EBay. I've not come across a buy back program that gave more than you can sell it for. Look it up on EBay like you are going to buy one at the "buy it now" price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99