Custom Alerts?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
One other mystery I am trying to find since this evening is - can we edit the emails before forwarding now?

Also, will it add sugar to my latte? ;)

chilopilo

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I literally feel sick when I think of waiting on this OS any longer. I mean come on they can't put in custom alerts?! Are they high? I love this OS so much but I cant do it anymore. We talk about a situation like this in the restaurant industry. If you serve 100 people and one person has a bad experience they'll tell 50 people. If everyone else loved it, you'd be lucky if half of them tell one person. I'm tired of telling people with iPhone 3gs's how awesome my phone is when it can't touch their iPhone! I can't convince them and I look like an idiot. One of the first things people do is customize the sounds their phones make. Why can't I? I guess I'll buy an iPhone 5 and wait till they fix it. If they ever do. At least I'll be able to trade my phone for more than $35. Is there even a reason we don't have custom text sounds? I can make ringtones. Oh yeah people don't make phone calls anymore so all I hear is one of 13 retarded sounds they include 100s of times over. I've been through them all. They all suck. Please just make it make sense to me because I am at a loss. aaaaaahhhhh!

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I literally feel sick when I think of waiting on this OS any longer. I mean come on they can't put in custom alerts?! Are they high? I love this OS so much but I cant do it anymore. We talk about a situation like this in the restaurant industry. If you serve 100 people and one person has a bad experience they'll tell 50 people. If everyone else loved it, you'd be lucky if half of them tell one person. I'm tired of telling people with iPhone 3gs's how awesome my phone is when it can't touch their iPhone! I can't convince them and I look like an idiot. One of the first things people do is customize the sounds their phones make. Why can't I? I guess I'll buy an iPhone 5 and wait till they fix it. If they ever do. At least I'll be able to trade my phone for more than $35. Is there even a reason we don't have custom text sounds? I can make ringtones. Oh yeah people don't make phone calls anymore so all I hear is one of 13 retarded sounds they include 100s of times over. I've been through them all. They all suck. Please just make it make sense to me because I am at a loss. aaaaaahhhhh!

I feel your pain.
WP has potential but the lack of improvements of BASIC FEATURES in WP8 just made me lose faith in MS and this platform. They dont get it.
The most positive thing about WP8 is the hardware innovations from Nokia, maybe the new lockscreen but I bet notifications will still be broken as ****.
If I could get an iPhone through work I would leave WP, Im tired of waiting on basic features.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
WP has potential but the lack of improvements of BASIC FEATURES in WP8 just made me lose faith in MS and this platform. They dont get it.

Every single person has different requirements from a phone. Microsoft have to prioritise things, and your feature of choice doesn't happen to feature high in the list.

Just because its a basic feature in your mind, doesn't mean its important to other people.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Every single person has different requirements from a phone. Microsoft have to prioritise things, and your feature of choice doesn't happen to feature high in the list.

Just because its a basic feature in your mind, doesn't mean its important to other people.

Of course it differs from person to person but this is stuff that has been available in all smartphones at least the last 4 years.
Also.. Its important to alot of people and if MS want WP to succeed they cant ignore these simple things and the main question is why do they do it? This is just a small fraction of the small things MS are ignoring, the lack of improvements to excisting features in WP8 is mindboggling.

Kids corner? Lenses? Bing?
Screw that **** and fix the small yet important broken things like this and missing orientation lock etc.

chilopilo

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of smartphone owners see it as a basic feature. Feature phones have been doing this for years. Its the first time I haven't been able to customize the sounds a phone makes-EVER. Not only is it not a feature but its locked down so that there is absolutely no way around it. Baffling.

One guy in another forum did offer a ray of hope, though. Seeing as the phone doesn't come with custom alerts preloaded, we won't know if it will be possible until someone tries to load one up. My upgrade is the 26th. I've got my fingers crossed.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Not going to lie, I definitely enjoy my Android having the ability to have different sounds so I can differentiate between what notification I'm getting. On top of that, the whole mantra of WP8 is to make the phone "you". They do a great job of it with the live tiles, but things like custom notifications would help as well.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I consider custom alerts a basic feature and am puzzled that it's not yet available. It won't stop me from staying with WP but still, WTF?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12