Windows Phone Keyboard Design is a major Issue

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
WP keyboards are amazing. You just need to get used to it. I find it extremely easier to type on my WP comparing to my brother's Samsung galaxy and my friends iPhones. Auto correct is also much much better and way accurate.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Ive always thought the WP keyboard was streets ahead of the others. Finding the 8X a bit hard to adapt to, keep hitting the emoticon key instead of the comma - think its the difference in size between the width of the Titan and 8X.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I love the WP7.5 keyboard on my HTC Titan I. It works quite well. The only issues I'm encountering is a dedicated number pad option and mispressing i and o. Oh, and perhaps an improvement can be made on autocorrect, sometimes a word is corrected wrongly.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am, in fact serious. I can't remember where I read it, as it was over a year ago... Trying to find the link now, sadly, would be needle in haystack.

Also, the thud made me think sarcasm but I assumed genuine surprise based on the lack of /s or :/.

Yes, it was indeed genuine surprise. When I use *thud* I am flabbergasted of something I was not aware of. Or something went epically wrong.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems many people prefer WP keyboard thanks to its auto-correct feature. Which means you can make typo but the OS correct it fine.
This is two separate issues to me. How about a keyboard designed so well that we make minimum typo, and those seldom chances that we do the OS correct the typo just fine?
I make many more mistakes with my 4.3" WP8 than my 3.7" WM6.5 with Swype.
I will agree that the autocorrect is pretty good.
I'd just rather not have to use it, so much.
JJ

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a major issue because you don't like the keyboard?

Well, I prefer the WP8 keyboard to the keyboard on both the iPhone 4 and the Samsung Captivate I had. I declare it NOT a major issue.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
One thing that I thought was odd...
We have the ability to voice dictate with search, text, and e-mail, but not other text boxes.
I thought dictation was a function of the keyboard and not the operating system.
It would be nice for it to be a part of the keyboard, so that it works everywhere the keyboard works.
JJ

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I love the WP8 keyboard. Works really well for me. My only wish is that I want to be able to store new words in the dictionary but that's a minor thing.

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I love the WP8 keyboard. Works really well for me. My only wish is that I want to be able to store new words in the dictionary but that's a minor thing.

You can add words to your ddictionary. Tap the word and above the keyboard where it gives suggestions it'll have what you typed with a plus next to it. Tap that and the word is added.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I love WP8 keyboard and its predictive words. Type few letters for the word, the predictive words appeared then tap and your done. What, i like it much better than my iPhone 4.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It took me about a week to get used to coming from a physical keyboard. Now I love it. My wife just got an iPhone 5 and I can't stand the keyboard. I love that WP shows lower case when I'm using lowercase.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard is fantastic. Has been since WP7. I could type at full speed on my HD7 and be confident that autocorrect would work when I needed it; the only issue was punctuation automatically having a space after an autocorrected word. Now they've fixed that in WP8, the keyboard is even better.

It took me about a week to get up to full speed on the slimmer 8X, but now I type just as fast as before - if not faster.

Well, all except for one niggle..........WP8 KEYBOARD Y U NO CAPITALISE MY 'I' EVER EVER?! I'm fed up with typing an i and having it not capitalised. In fact, in that last sentence (and this one too) i had to go back and force the i to be lowercase because IE10 in W8 autocapitalises it. MICROSOFT, NO! I AM A PERSON WHO ACTUALLY WANTS TO USE CORRECT GRAMMAR ON OCCASION. DON'T PUNISH ME

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've never typed on a iPhone or Android (I go all the way back to the first AT&T Windows Mobile phones), but I must say that i"m having a much harder time typing on my 8X than I had on my Titan. Which I attribute (right or wrong?) to the smaller screen size of the 8X. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the "speak" button when typing an email, and I'm over 2 weeks with my 8X.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the Windows Phone keyboard has only changed slightly from Windows Phone 7... What a BLESSING. There wasn't much to improve upon, and I still feel the same. Best keyboard there is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon