How does the eco-system only get a 5?

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else hate how reviewers only seem to be looking at apps when it comes to the ecosystem? Even that i'd give the ecosystem a 6-7.

But why do you never hear in reviews for microsoft products (win8/wp8/hardware) about the services eco systems. How skydrive, office, xbox, skype and how these things work together to make the experience better.

I'm wondering because while they never talk about this in microsoft products you always hear about the google/apple non app ecosystems.

**** Ballmer showed a lot of this during the Build event on Tuesday. Take Xbox for example on the music front all of my playlists and music artist sync between my Windows 8 PC and my xbox (as do my video season passes).

Or games like Adera where I started playing on a computer at best buy when I was testing windows 8. When I finally put windows 8 on my laptop the game save transfered over the cloud and I finished where I left off at another PC.

Or xbox smartglass in which I'm controlling my xbox which is argubly the most popular media streaming box on the market.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The Verge did.

My guess is the '5' is less about how many apps there are, but more because when a developer makes an app WP is either an after-thought or not even considered.

for those that use and enjoy WP now and 'deal' with the ecosystem I could careless what arbitrary number reviewers give it...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't even bother with The Verge anymore.

Apparently the 920 has a camera that can only be appreciated by professionals.

ryanv12

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the display and camera should have been bumped a notch, but the ecosystem at 5 is fine. If third party apps make up the majority of the ecosystem score, then I think WP8 lays the ideal foundation to bump that up. Will be interested to see how the new phones in 6-9 months improve on that score.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss