Live Tiles - different colors?

FitnesFreak

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hy everyone.

I have been following this site and forums for quite some time now and have been getting a lot of useful information about WP8 and WP8 phones in general. I can't wait to get my hands on Nokia Lumia 920, I've been waiting for one since the reveal in september.

Anyway, I would like to know (been using the "search", but haven't found what I was looking for, but maybe I just missed it - if so, then I apologise for being optuse) if you can change the color of INDIVIDUAL TILES (say I want to have my phone tile red, SMS tile blue etc.)?

Does anyone know that?

Thanks for any info and keep it up! :)

Greetings from Slovenia:p

Dutchy-

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, I would like to know (been using the "search", but haven't found what I was looking for, but maybe I just missed it - if so, then I apologise for being optuse) if you can change the color of INDIVIDUAL TILES (say I want to have my phone tile red, SMS tile blue etc.)?

No, you can't. You can only change the overal theme, what decides the live tile colors.
Though some app-tiles do have a different color. As example: Xbox Music and Xbox Games are green.

brisdan

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
it seems the windows 8 motto is "no you can't"

bland monochrome same-same everything

as a UI designer it is insulting to use this

tgeorgiu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
An option

I was looking for the same answer. There are some free apps that let you completely customize some tiles such as Wiztiles which I have used..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We don't fully know what the future holds but there is a possibility of this becoming an option. Though I wouldn't want complete custom control of all tiles, that would get tedious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234