Can someone please Confirm if WP8 has a screen shot function

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does (at least I remember folks talking about it). Though, it isn't a simple button press like on android.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm going to ask another question.

Can you download word documents, pdf files etc. from the browser? I read that you can't somewhere.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm going to ask another question.

Can you download word documents, pdf files etc. from the browser? I read that you can't somewhere.
Give me a link for me to test on my phone and I'll let you know.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It worked fine for both. The Word document opened and when I went to "Save" it gave me the option to save it to SkyDrive or to the Phone. I saved it to the phone and it put it on a list of Word documents under Office.

With the .pdf, it automatically opened the document and it was automatically saved within the Adobe Reader documents list.

BTW I'm using WP 7.5 and I'm sure it'll be this way (or better) with WP8.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It worked fine for both. The Word document opened and when I went to "Save" it gave me the option to save it to SkyDrive or to the Phone. I saved it to the phone and it put it on a list of Word documents under Office.

With the .pdf, it automatically opened the document and it was automatically saved within the Adobe Reader documents list.

BTW I'm using WP 7.5 and I'm sure it'll be this way (or better) with WP8.

Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Seems like a pretty good behavior. Thanks.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Seems like a pretty good behavior. Thanks.
You're welcome, man. You got me curious about Dropbox. Was wondering if you could put a .jpg link as well. My guess is that it will open it but I'd still like to know how it will go about it.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, sure. Here's the only pic I have in my public folder (on my phone atm). Hope you like my car lol.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970059/P1010282.JPG

I was mainly concerned about pdf/word documents as I need to be able to access them for uni. I imagine it can deal with other files if it can do those. Testing it on my android phone seems to just load the image in a new tab in the browser itself rather than download it like with the other documents. I guess because the browser supports jpeg images.

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, sure. Here's the only pic I have in my public folder (on my phone atm). Hope you like my car lol.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11970059/P1010282.JPG

I was mainly concerned about pdf/word documents as I need to be able to access them for uni. I imagine it can deal with other files if it can do those. Testing it on my android phone seems to just load the image in a new tab in the browser itself rather than download it like with the other documents. I guess because the browser supports jpeg images.

Interesting. It couldn't open it. It took me to a blank page with a tiny icon on the upper left. Kind of those image placeholder icons when an image cannot be displayed. Hmmm...

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. It couldn't open it. It took me to a blank page with a tiny icon on the upper left. Kind of those image placeholder icons when an image cannot be displayed. Hmmm...

That's pretty disappointing. The link should be fine, it opened in my phone's browser. Is there any option to like long hold and 'save link' rather than opening it in the browser?

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty disappointing. The link should be fine, it opened in my phone's browser. Is there any option to like long hold and 'save link' rather than opening it in the browser?
Long-pressing the link gives me the following options:

- Open in new tab (nothing opened)

- Copy link (self-explanatory but pasting the link on a browser and pressing enter didn't open the image)

- Share link (let's me share the link via e-mail, text message, or social networks)

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread, but can someone with a WP8 phone let me know what volume options there are? I know there's "0% to 100%" for the volume, and probably also a 'vibrate' setting, but is there a 'silent' setting or any other settings that are new with WP8?

In WP7 you only have 'volume' and 'vibrate', but no quick way to put the phone on silent, you had to turn the volume all the way down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital