Home Screen Resolutions

woodsguy

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
With the introduction of WP7.8/8 the updates to the home screen include the elimination of the gutter (the blank space on the right). This in turn will increase the size of the tiles. So the new home screen will now only show 3 rows of medium sized tiles vs the previous 4.5. What I would like to see is the option of increasing the resolution of the home screen so it would show 5 columns of small tiles across vs 4. The medium sized tiles would go back to the size they were in 7.5 and would effectively allow users to bring back or replace the gutter with a column of small tiles (or down the middle). I think a maximum of 5 small tiles across would be fine for my 4" Focus but for the larger phones an option of 6,7, or even 8 would be nice. With the larger screens the tiles are just too big so this would not only prevent them from looking goofy but would allow further customization. The number could just keep increasing with the screen size so that even a future Windows Nook could run WP8 and not look goofy. On the flip side there could also be an option of 3 or 2 small columns as well. This would allow the use more basic and smaller phones/devices (like a watch!)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon