Sharing Marketplace, app, Xbox music in Windows Phone 8

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I was wondering if you can actually change your user account in the marketplace and Xbox Music in WP8 as you can in Windows 8 and iTunes, so that you can share apps and music within your family without having to pay several times for the same app?

I would love to share music and apps with my wife, but right now this would only be possible by using the same ID when setting up our phones and that would break Facebook and Twitter integration (or is it possible to change the Facebook and Twitter accounts in WP8?).

Thanks a lot,

MCheiron

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Why doesn't Daniel creates an account and shares all the apps and musics he bought with the whole WPC community.

This is an extreme example but I think you got the point.

Shawne Beeson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I found the answer, the only issue is it required me to format my phone and start over. (this sucks but it is required). So I created a new Microsoft account, this account me and my wife will share. When you setup the phone this will be the Microsoft account you use. You will have to share contacts and photos (via Skydrive) this was not a issue because me and my wife share contacts and photos anyway. Once you have this you can setup your own Facebook account and Twitter and email and what not under your own account. But for apps you will be using the shared Microsoft account.

Shawne Beeson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft allows 5 devices per account to share the app. So this is not a pirating thing anyway. Microsoft allows it. Apple allows you to have 10 devices, I think 10 is more reasonable, if you think about the size of a normal family. Devs don't seem to be hurting on the Apple side of things with this limit in place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss