How efficient is wp8.??

rohan_is_switching

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I am currently an apple and a symbian user, and i am sooo drawn towards the lumia 920. I am totally impressed by its features and wp8 as a whole. One question i have is whether windows phones overheat while charging or playing games or browsing for that matter. Apple does overheat a bit while playing while i dont even want to get started on android phones. Symbian on the other hand is always very cool.! Is wp the same..???
Thanks guys and dolls..!! :)) ;)

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I am currently an apple and a symbian user, and i am sooo drawn towards the lumia 920. I am totally impressed by its features and wp8 as a whole. One question i have is whether windows phones overheat while charging or playing games or browsing for that matter. Apple does overheat a bit while playing while i dont even want to get started on android phones. Symbian on the other hand is always very cool.! Is wp the same..???
Thanks guys and dolls..!! :)) ;)

The device getting warm under heavy CPU load has nothing to do with the efficiency of the operating system. One should note that the CPU's between Symbian and WP8 devices are very very different, Symbian devices use the old ARM11 single core CPU's and the WP8 uses S4 dual cores. The processing power between the two are in a completely different leagues and the S4 will get hot when it's doing it's magic.

But still, you can consider WP8 a very efficient system by modern standards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss