Lock Screen\Music App Album\Artist Artwork

chinswain

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I can see album art for the albums I've copied over to my HTC 8X but theres no art work showing on the lock screen (just grey) and no images on the Music + Video app.

Is there something that needs to be done to the mp3 files? They are all tagged + a Folder.jpg image in the root. (Display fine in Windows Media Player)

Thanks

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sam phone and same problem here. Love the phone but the music player is shocking. Missing artwork on some albums even though I know it's there and just a grey picture in the background and lock screen. Nothing wrong with the way I've tagged my files up as I've been doing it for years with no problems on any device. What's the deal?

Slightly off topic but how the **** do you jump to a certain point in a song? I can't figure it out. It just skips track or fast forwards.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
You're both using embedded album art? I'm not sure if folder.jpg works, but using Mp3tag to add cover images to my MP3s has never failed.

You can always try disabling Zune/Xbox from syncing to see if it is incorrectly tagging your music.

chinswain

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
After some testing, it appears a Folder.jpg within the folder works to display the album art (Same as windows media player) but I cannot see the trigger for loading the artist info\Lock wall paper loading?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Try to navigate to the specific artist's screen or play the artist's music while on an internet connection. If there's a connect to Zune/Xbox toggle under music settings, turn that on.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
On mine, all mp3's are tagged with MP3Tag and the pictures are embedded. I have no folder image. Maybe I should try that tonight. How do I go bout creating them automatically?

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I just googled the cover and saved it as Folder.jpg within the album\CD folder (with the mp3 files)
I'm having a nightmare with this lol. I tried to rename the artwork as Folder.jpg and up came the popup saying that this already existed. So I assumed it was a hidden file as I couldn't see it. I made hidden files visable and nothing is there. Bit of a head scratcher.

So, I decided to try the software that lets you sync with itunes. Same problem. Grrr. Any ideas?

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the plot thickens. I managed to get a picture saved as folder.jpg in a different albums folder. transferred it over and still nothing. Pretty sure that it shouldnt be this hard for a phone to display dynamic artwork like its supposed to. Sick of the grey background and grey lockscreen. I must be missing something obvious here.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This is really weird. So, I've been sat here for about 45 minutes trying to get this to work and I gave up. Then I started browsing through my phone and all of a sudden most of my albums now have the dynamic artwork. What the ****?

So, after 3 days of playing music its decided to download the correct artwork? What? lol

No idea why or how but glad its working. Not all albums are doing it but my music collection is pretty obscure so I can forgive it.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This is really weird. So, I've been sat here for about 45 minutes trying to get this to work and I gave up. Then I started browsing through my phone and all of a sudden most of my albums now have the dynamic artwork. What the ****?

So, after 3 days of playing music its decided to download the correct artwork? What? lol

No idea why or how but glad its working. Not all albums are doing it but my music collection is pretty obscure so I can forgive it.
Sorry for spamming this thread with posts. Just updtating you with my situtaion...again lol.

So, turns out its still crap. Some artists have the wrong picture behind them. Some dont have anything behind them and the damn phone keeps breaking up my albums into seperate albums.

For example. Masta Ace Incorporated - Slaughtahouse has been split. Three tracks have been put in as Masta Ace - Slaughtahouse (Parental Advisory).

Altern-8 - Full On Mask Hysteria has had half the album moved into Altern 8 - Full On Mask Hysteria.

Why the **** is it splitting my albums up and changing all the tags around. Its driving me crazy!!!!!

chinswain

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How's the split album appear in Media Player on the PC?
There's a tag called Album Artist - have you set this? (Needs to be the same for the album to appear grouped)

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am OCD when it comes to tagging my music. All of my albums are tagged in the same way with the correct info. I've got about 600 albums all properly tagged and organized.

I watched the phone change it with my own eyes. Once I drag my Altern-8 album over the phone displays it correctly. Then it connects to xbox music and changes the info. It takes some tracks and renames the artist as Altern 8. It does this with a Jurrassic 5 album too. Its hit and miss. A Dubstep artist called Seven has the artwork and bio of some lame pop singer also called Seven lol.

Why could they do it so that if you turn off the xbox music connection then it would just blow up the track artwork for the background image.

Also, have you figured out a way to jump to a certain part of the track yet, without using fast forward. I cant believe you cant just jump to a time in a song. Must be possible, surely?

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
If you have OCD with music tagging, turn off any sync with Xbox Music. I similarly micromanage my music and I've got sync with "Zune" turned off on my Windows Phone 7. You'll unfortunately lose the artist backgrounds, but I didn't mind that considering I have some embarrassingly wrong artists showing up. Sucky, but in the name of "ease-of-use", the people like us always lose out.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If you have OCD with music tagging, turn off any sync with Xbox Music. I similarly micromanage my music and I've got sync with "Zune" turned off on my Windows Phone 7. You'll unfortunately lose the artist backgrounds, but I didn't mind that considering I have some embarrassingly wrong artists showing up. Sucky, but in the name of "ease-of-use", the people like us always lose out.
I think thats the way to go, but its a shame. I think if you decide to turn off the Xbox Music connection then it should just blow up the album artwork for the background image. It looks pretty crap with a grey background.

Nobody seems to have replied to me at all regarding the ability to jump to a certain point in a song. Is that not possible?

sayaintjimmy

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, but I have a Lumia 920, so I am not quite sure what to do, or how to go about fixing it. I tried syncing with xbox music, that didn't work. It it does show the artists for some bands like Green Day, but other bands its the bland and boring gray.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am having a similar problem, but I have a Lumia 920, so I am not quite sure what to do, or how to go about fixing it. I tried syncing with xbox music, that didn't work. It it does show the artists for some bands like Green Day, but other bands its the bland and boring gray.

I am just gonna turn that feature off for a while until someone else comes up with a solution. Besides that and the lack of certain apps, I love this phone.

I'm with you on that. Turned mine off too and other than that I am loving this phone and OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb