Carddav and Caldav support

discretesound

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if WP8 supports caldav and carddav standards. Planning to switch to WP8 but might have to skip if its missing these feature.

malemansd

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am in desperate need of a CardDav-aware sync app for Google Contacts... what is the name of your app so I can keep an eye out for it in the store...I will be your first customer.

Any ETA or more details on the app you can share?

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use caldav to sync my company calendar. It is so easy on ios and android, can't believe that wp8 does not support it natively

malemansd

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well now that Google has announced they are pulling the plug on Exchange Active Sync and relying on CalDav and CardDav for syncing...the need for an app like this is even greater now.

Any updates on progress?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that even with DAV, you won't get push e-mail, contact updates or calendar updates with Google. You have to either manually sync or set your device to poll the server during pre-set time intervals.

That means lousy battery life.

therfman

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
That's all very nice, but for some reason Exchange ActiveSync refuses to sync any sub-calendars I have in Google. That makes it rather useless to me; I need those sub-calendars...

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
That's all very nice, but for some reason Exchange ActiveSync refuses to sync any sub-calendars I have in Google. That makes it rather useless to me; I need those sub-calendars...

on your phone go to google.com/sync and you select other cals to sync

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs