XBOX Music: What's the difference of downloading song for offline and buying a song?

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've activated a 1 year subscription for XBOX Music and I plan to cancel after that. I'm downloading a lot of songs for offline listening right now. But I also notice an option to buy the song. I don't understand what's the difference between those 2 options.

Another question: When my subscription ends, do I get to keep the songs I downloaded (not bought). I don't want to spend all this time downloading my songs if they're just going to be delete after my subscription ends. Is that what the "buy" option is for? -- to keep the song forever?

Thanks

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the dl is good only as long as your subscription is active and can't be used elsewhere. The bought songs are yours to keep and use wherever

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Downloading has DRM in place. So after your year subscription's is up, the songs won't play. If you buy the songs they'll continue to work after your year is up
I've activated a 1 year subscription for XBOX Music and I plan to cancel after that. I'm downloading a lot of songs for offline listening right now. But I also notice an option to buy the song. I don't understand what's the difference between those 2 options.

Another question: When my subscription ends, do I get to keep the songs I downloaded (not bought). I don't want to spend all this time downloading my songs if they're just going to be delete after my subscription ends. Is that what the "buy" option is for? -- to keep the song forever?

Thanks

bforster

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes well when I had Zune it knows if you have a subscription or not. That is the reason for DL and to buy. Buy you can put it on any device. You won't per say lose the songs they will still be there you just won't be able to play them until you pay for another subscription.
The only thing I hate right now is they took away my free 10 songs a month.

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes well when I had Zune it knows if you have a subscription or not. That is the reason for DL and to buy. Buy you can put it on any device. You won't per say lose the songs they will still be there you just won't be able to play them until you pay for another subscription.
The only thing I hate right now is they took away my free 10 songs a month.

That's interesting. I still have mine.

I think when they made that switch they offered customers who already had the Zune Pass the same old option of subscription + song credits but it costs more then the new version.

I dunno what's going to happen when my "Zune Pass" expires, but I hope they don't take my song credits. If they do I won't have any problem cashing out of that service.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, Ok then. Thanks for the quick responses. I can now stop wasting my time downloading my songs. I already have my music on my WP but I just wanted to download from XBOX music cause I wanted the Album Art so it looks prettier. Oh well. I'll just continue getting my music the "normal way" (i.e. youtube to MP3) then lol

Does anyone know how I can add my songs from my Windows Phone 7 into the XBOX music app. And does anyone know how I can get XBOX to match the album arts with my music? I got my music through youtube to mp3 download, will that still match?

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
While I don't endorse the illegal procurement of music, if you update the files on your PC, add the correct mp3 metadata and "add album art," it should work correctly when you add them to your phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss