Disable Letter Jumplist In Applist?

Mike20PR

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone that has or used WP8 answer this? As everybody already knows after a certain number of apps are installed a letter jumplist appears in the applist. Personally I hate the look of it and would rather have a clean list but WP7.5 does not allow the option to remove it. Is WP8 the same?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

gfunk84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
What annoys me is the look, why don't they use the color in background with white letters?

I guess so they stand out more from the apps, but to me it they would stand out just fine since there is no text next to them (works just fine in the People and Music+Videos hubs).

Last edited:

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So how many apps do you need till the letters come back? I really liked having that, in fact I kept extra on my focus just to keep the letters haha,

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the letters. Having been on the borderline with the letters flicking on and off depending on whether that one extra app was there or not, the letters are now stuck "on". Even if I uninstall everything I can uninstall, the letters remain. Normally I can flick through my app list with no more than two small swipes, but with all those letters, it's now double that and I have fewer apps.

I just thought I'd post that somewhere. Can't say I'm impressed with the lack of a setting to control this and no way to get around it. Though even if there was I expect I'd be stuck with the letters as this seems to be a bug. Shame it didn't get stuck the other way.

I'm sure no-one can help, but I do expect ridiculous comments that it's cos I'm over the threshold from people who failed to understand the post entirely.

klanguedoc

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I totally understand how you feel. I've gotten to the point where I've had to reset my phone to get those letters off. You're not alone man.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been deleti apps to get rid of these letters and having no luck at all. I now have 33 things listed, and 15 jump letters. Almost a third of the things in the list are these s0dding jump letters!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Once you activate it - you can't get rid of them. So once you go beyond 45, you will have these letters unless you hard-reset and start fresh.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Once you activate it - you can't get rid of them. So once you go beyond 45, you will have these letters unless you hard-reset and start fresh.

Wow, that's really weird logic on MS's part. It should just be based on a threshold. If you pass it they appear, if you are under it, they shouldn't appear.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well at this point what you or I want is not part of the equation. I personally however like the look and the help it is navigating to those apps I dont need on the atrt screen but need accasionally. Different strokes for different folks.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's really weird logic on MS's part. It should just be based on a threshold. If you pass it they appear, if you are under it, they shouldn't appear.

I think it should be threshold based too. The only sound reasoning I find is, if people have as many as 45+ app, they likely go on app-whoring route, which means they wouldn't ever have less than that. But again, there are thousand other things in WP design that will baffle you if you come from Android. If you come from iPhone, BB or Symbian or feature phones, it does more or less the similar stuff, barring a few functions. But again, it has a lot of other functions i.e. ecosystem benefit that no other OS can provide!

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Having just reset my phone (thank heavens for having music & photos stored on sd card and for the limited settings backup) I would rather it be threshold based too ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte