Just received an email that my best buy order was cancelled.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Right, of course. This is all part of the buildup to rolling thunder, where a tidal wave of Nokias will drown all in their path! Any fool can see the pure genius of this brilliant launch.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Right, of course. This is all part of the buildup to rolling thunder, where a tidal wave of Nokias will drown all in their path! Any fool can see the pure genius of this brilliant launch.

I'm confused. What does this have to do with Nokia at all? The Carrier launches the phone in the U.S. not Nokia. And once again, the screw-up was for both the 920 and the 8X.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
November 14th, at any T-Mobile store. Confirmed again today. Still no launch date for AT&T, and apparently it is so far off that BB is simply cancelling preorders.

Clearly a clever strategy.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope. People like me. Besides, it is entertaining watching you pretzel twist new excuses for why the 77,012th launch screw up isn't the fault of Nokia, but rather that of the Cardassians and Wells Fargo. :D

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
November 14th, at any T-Mobile store. Confirmed again today. Still no launch date for AT&T, and apparently it is so far off that BB is simply cancelling preorders.

Hadn't thought of that- maybe cuz I'm getting a 920. No launch dates out there for the HTC or Samsung.

Yup, Nokia really screwed the pooch on this one.

Have to say, these threads are hilarious.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Nope. People like me. Besides, it is entertaining watching you pretzel twist new excuses for why the 77,012th launch screw up isn't the fault of Nokia, but rather that of the Cardassians and Wells Fargo. :D

Once again. What does Best Buy accidentally starting preorders for both the 8X and Lumia 920, have to do with Nokia screwing something up?

You can't just repeat the same stupid logic over and over and hope it eventually makes sense.

I feel like you need winter for your trolling to be effective.

Hadn't thought of that- maybe cuz I'm getting a 920. No launch dates out there for the HTC or Samsung.

Yup, Nokia really screwed the pooch on this one.

Have to say, these threads are hilarious.

Launch dates are reliant on the carrier and based on when they finish testing/training. It has been out of Nokia and Microsoft's hands for a while.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

What does that matter? Having a launch date doesn't get a product to market any sooner than not having one, does it?

Besides, it is pretty common for companies to announce things on the day of availability.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I will come back on the 11th and you can explain why that missed date also isn't Nokia's fault.

And when I have my WP8 in hand on the 14th and the 920 is still "coming soon," you can explain how it is bad to have shipping product and clear dates, and how brilliant this launch is, again.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I will come back on the 11th and you can explain why that missed date also isn't Nokia's fault.

And when I have my WP8 in hand on the 14th and the 920 is still "coming soon," you can explain how it is bad to have shipping product and clear dates, and how brilliant this launch is, again.

Bookmarked. I look forward to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)