Just received an email that my best buy order was cancelled.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
That's right folks, just like that, I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and I never called to cancel anything.

This is the message I received.

We're sorry, the backordered item below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this item. Any other payment method used on this order has been credited. To view the amount of the credit and updated order details, please check your order status.

If you used a gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

Item details are listed below.

Questions about this cancellation? Call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, please have your order number ready when you call.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

I spoke to a customer service rep mins ago and she told me that all pre orders placed online for the Nokia Lumia 920 will be cancelled as they were not supposed to put the pre order up online as they will not be getting any stock before the official AT&T launch.

She said that is the main reason why the pre order links became inactive after a few hours of the pre order links going live.

She said everyone will have to pre order the phone from their local AT&T store.

This in opinion is unprofessional and messed up by best buy to do such a thing. A lot of folks will be highly pissed off and disappointed.

I did however get a refund back for my giftcards used during the pre order.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That's right folks, just like that, I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and I never called to cancel anything.

This is the message I received.

We're sorry, the backordered item below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled.

Your credit card was not charged for this item. Any other payment method used on this order has been credited. To view the amount of the credit and updated order details, please check your order status.

If you used a gift card for this order and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement.

Item details are listed below.

Questions about this cancellation? Call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, please have your order number ready when you call.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

I spoke to a customer service rep mins ago and she told me that all pre orders placed online for the Nokia Lumia 920 will be cancelled as they were not supposed to put the pre order up online as they will not be getting any stock before the official AT&T launch.

She said that is the main reason why the pre order links became inactive after a few hours of the pre order links going live.

She said everyone will have to pre order the phone from their local AT&T store.

This in opinion is unprofessional and messed up by best buy to do such a thing. A lot of folks will be highly pissed off and disappointed.

I did however get a refund back for my giftcards used during the pre order.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not surprised.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Uh...you guys realize those Best Buy preorders were a screw up on Best Buy's part right?

They were never suppose to start preorders.
Regardless, why cancel them now?

I'm really starting to think they screwed up the price and are going to cancel now before AT&T reveals the true price of $199.

Hope I'm wrong.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I did think it was strange that the pre orders was pulled 2hrs after the pre order links went live.

It's because the 21st was originally suppose to be the preorder date, but it was pushed back. Best Buy screwed up and didn't remove it from their weekly ad or their system.

No idea what Independent is saying about screen problems. He is talking out of his *** on that one.

Regardless, why cancel them now?

I'm really starting to think they screwed up the price and are going to cancel now before AT&T reveals the true price of $199.

Hope I'm wrong.

With preorders, they will continually ping your credit card for verification of funds. If at any point it is denied, the order will be cancelled. Which is probably what happened here. The bank thought the constant charges were suspicious and denied the ping.

$149 is the correct price. If you followed the front page of WPCentral you would know that.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's because the 21st was originally suppose to be the preorder date, but it was pushed back. Best Buy screwed up and didn't remove it from their weekly ad or their system.

No idea what Independent is saying about screen problems. He is talking out of his *** on that one.

With preorders, they will continually ping your credit card for verification of funds. If at any point it is denied, the order will be cancelled. Which is probably what happened here. The bank thought the constant charges were suspicious and denied the ping.

$149 is the correct price. If you followed the front page of WPCentral you would know that.

That's incorrect, they pinged my account once and that was verified by the bank. I got a lot of funds in my account so the issue is not lack of funds.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
That's incorrect, they pinged my account once and that was verified by the bank. I got a lot of funds in my account so the issue is not lack of funds.

Lack of funds isn't the problem. It's the bank wondering why they are trying to charge you again when there is still one pending, so they deny it because it's suspicious. My guess is that's what happened.

Or they are cancelling all of them because of the screw up and just haven't gotten tot hem all. I cancelled mine so I could go through AT&T. I want my free wireless charging pad.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

lol really? The front page also said the phone was releasing on 11/4. They even gave it a 10 on their rumormeter.

I'm mostly just speculating and I think your speculation on why the preorders are being cancelled makes no sense at all.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Lack of funds isn't the problem. It's the bank wondering why they are trying to charge you again when there is still one pending, so they deny it because it's suspicious. My guess is that's what happened.

Or they are cancelling all of them because of the screw up and just haven't gotten tot hem all. I cancelled mine so I could go through AT&T. I want my free wireless charging pad.

Just spoke to a customer service rep from wellsfargo, they only pinged my account once to make sure the funds was there. The bank said there were no issues of constantly being pinged.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
lol really? The front page also said the phone was releasing on 11/4. They even gave it a 10 on their rumormeter.

I'm mostly just speculating and I think your speculation on why the preorders are being cancelled makes no sense at all.

1) AT&T is the carrier. They have yet to have a preorder. This alone should tell you that Best Buy's preorder was a screwup.

2) The original date WAS the 4th. And it was then pushed back to the 9th/11th.

Just spoke to a customer service rep from wellsfargo, they only pinged my account once to make sure the funds was there. The bank said there were no issues of constantly being pinged.

Then read the former and not the latter. It just means you get to preorder from AT&T directly and get a free wireless charging pad.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Ok so now that we know your ping issue doesn't hold any water you are saying they are canceling orders just cuz they screwed up and started early? Again makes no sense. Why cancel now and not in the few days after the screwup?
I think a lot of people are going to be really pissed off when AT&T announces the phone is $199. Im taking cover.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so now that we know your ping issue doesn't hold any water you are saying they are canceling orders just cuz they screwed up and started early? Again makes no sense.
I think a lot of people are going to be really pissed off when AT&T announces the phone is $199. Im taking cover.

I don't work for Best Buy. I am just speculating. This is a problem with Best Buy. Not AT&T or Nokia.

And it says $149 for AT&T On Nokia's on web page.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
1) AT&T is the carrier. They have yet to have a preorder. This alone should tell you that Best Buy's preorder was a screwup.

2) The original date WAS the 4th. And it was then pushed back to the 9th/11th.

Then read the former and not the latter. It just means you get to preorder from AT&T directly and get a free wireless charging pad.

That's not so bad, or I can just pre order the unlocked version from expansys and sit tight and wait

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss