Vibrate or ring?

thenightfall

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new here and switched from an iPhone 4 to a HTC 8X last weekend.
Right now there's one thing that bothers me: Is there any way to use either ring or vibrate?
When I switch vibrate on in settings it's always used for ring and silent mode.
So I can only switch between "ring+vibrate" and "vibrate"
If I turn vibrate of I only have "ring" and "silent". But I'd like to use vibrate only in silent mode.
Is there any way to do this?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ringer management is stuck 10 years in the past.

I say that because I had more ring profile settings in Windows Mobile 5.x than I do with this crap.

If Pastilli Labs doesn't release a Situations app for Windows Phone I may begin looking at other platforms.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I say that because I had more ring profile settings in Windows Mobile 5.x than I do with this crap.
Sh*t my wife's flip-phone has ringer profiles. I cannot understand why MS is sleeping on this. Saying it's ridiculous is an understatement.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
what's MORE annoying than no ringer profiles? Getting ****ing bleeps and bongs from alert sounds WHILE you are in a phone call! Holy **** man that pisses me off!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

If Pastilli Labs doesn't release a Situations app for Windows Phone I may begin looking at other platforms.

Sh*t my wife's flip-phone has ringer profiles. I cannot understand why MS is sleeping on this. Saying it's ridiculous is an understatement.

I 100% agree with the above statements.

My old Verizon phone from 6+ years ago had a wonderful ringer management (and it was a nokia!). I could change things like vibrate patterns (short, short, loooong OR short, short, short..... etc). I could also have the phone go into vibrate or silent mode automatically based on my calendar/schedule. So many options!

Now, current gen smartphones can tell you, via voice, how to get anywhere in the world. They can pin-point accurately tell you where you are via satellites in space which also allows you to remotely control your phone from anywhere in the world. They can augment reality and show you a digital overlay of businesses and landmarks when you look through the camera viewfinder (nokia city view) in realtime, but **** if they can give you any ringer options!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05