How much hard drive space does WP8 actually take up?

goldnjaws

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. Can a few folks with various WP8 phones tell us how much HD space they start with out of the box? Would be great to know.

Cheers!

IEvil IMonkey

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. Can a few folks with various WP8 phones tell us how much HD space they start with out of the box? Would be great to know.

Cheers!
My 16gb HTC 8X was already down to 14.5gb I believe it was when I took it out of the box before downloading any apps onto the handset

Last edited:

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
14.56 GB out of the box makes it sound relatively lightweight especially when you consider the difference between binary and decimal measurements of drive capacity.

makes me wonder though about the Lumia 920 if reports of it only having 26 GB free out of the box are correct.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
14.56 GB out of the box makes it sound relatively lightweight especially when you consider the difference between binary and decimal measurements of drive capacity.

makes me wonder though about the Lumia 920 if reports of it only having 26 GB free out of the box are correct.

it's possible Nokia has more apps loaded up "out of the box." Just like any WP though, you can delete any apps you don't want.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Daniel Rubino said that there was around 27-28GB out of the box. Not much of a difference, but 2GB is quite a few apps and/or songs...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro