Options to Back up WP7 device and transfer to WP8 device

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
What are my options for saving app data, apps, games, messages, etc. prior to switching over to a new WP8 phone? I currently have the original Samsung Focus and have pre-ordered the Lumia 920. I want to transfer games, apps and app data instead of having to reinstall everything through Zune or whatever.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So what, I'm going to have to re-purchase all the apps I bought through my old phone? I know that ones purchased through Zune are supposed to reload.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
sooo did anyone confirm or not if purchased apps have to be bought again? just picked up my 8X and games/apps I purchased long ago were purchased again.

Edit: ok I think it's just my account and probably because it's been over a year since I used my old wp7 phone.

Last edited:

PeteK68

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Your app purchases will transfer to your new phone. In fact, you can go to My Phone in the top right of the screen, then choose Purchase History. There, you can ser all of your purchases, and even send them to your phone from the site.

I just want to know how to transfer txt msgs as previously mentioned.

I'm also thinking very hard about what else I might want to carry over. Can't think of anything since it all starts to flow in si nicely when you put in your Microsoft account credentials.

P

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb