Unlocked AT&T Lumia 920

GZAZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm if they've been able to unlock the AT&T Lumia 920?
Was it through some paid service or through AT&T?

And if they have been able to test it on T-Mobile?

I am trying to make a decision really quick on purchasing the phone this weekend.

thanks

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm if they've been able to unlock the AT&T Lumia 920?
Was it through some paid service or through AT&T?

And if they have been able to test it on T-Mobile?

I am trying to make a decision really quick on purchasing the phone this weekend.

thanks

I don't believe anyone actually HAS an AT&T 920 to even try to unlock yet. I would say 99% of the people on this forum are getting theirs on Friday, and the other 1% are in Canada on Rogers.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
AT&T will unlock a phone if it is off-contract, though they're sometimes obnoxious about it. A quick e-mail to the corporate office, CC:ed to the FCC, tends to work wonders.

GZAZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have called twice to the AT&T corporate and asked if they can unlock the Lumia 920 if it's purchased off contract, and they said yes and asked me for the IMEI number.

So unless their policy changes, I am assuming AT&T will unlock the Nokia Lumia 920

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The key is to call their call center, and if you fail, get a rep in store to help you.

I got my first 900 unlocked (before it broke) since I bought it at full price (no contract).

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Id be skeptical of att unlocking non contract phones.

Usually, they will not unlock a phone if it is an exclusive phone, once the exclusivity ends, your account is in good standing, you can probably unlock.

I think people with the 900 wasnt able to unlock an att phone until recently which was like 6 months after release.

ATT reps are not reliable, one will say yes others will say no.

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Id be skeptical of att unlocking non contract phones.

Usually, they will not unlock a phone if it is an exclusive phone, once the exclusivity ends, your account is in good standing, you can probably unlock.

I think people with the 900 wasnt able to unlock an att phone until recently which was like 6 months after release.

ATT reps are not reliable, one will say yes others will say no.

I just came from the AT&T store, i asked the same question and was told no by the manager of that store. They said unlock codes wont be available until after the exclusivity ends.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have called twice to the AT&T corporate and asked if they can unlock the Lumia 920 if it's purchased off contract, and they said yes and asked me for the IMEI number.

So unless their policy changes, I am assuming AT&T will unlock the Nokia Lumia 920

I would definitely be interested to hear if you are successful....come back and tell us (no sarcasm meant)

Mediademics

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't even pre-order the L920 online without being forced to buy a plan. This is even after choosing the off contract price. I am hoping Friday I can walk it and get the phone only. Might activate on Straight Talk until I can get it working on Tmobile.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

I tried that with my Lumia 900. I just wanted to unlock it for international use. I started talking to the rep and asked if I could unlock it. They said yes and asked for the IMEI. I gave them the IMEI. They responded with, "I am sorry, it does not appear we can unlock your phone."

Essentially...they are clueless and just wait for the computer to tell them what is up once they have the IMEI. It was nearly impossible to get a Lumia 900 unlocked until October.

OlaSivan

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 - The Saga begins.. :)

Just brought my red beauty home to TO from Buffalo, time to unlock. I called the AT&T cs and talked to a very helpful rep (Vernon) who said that because the phone is so new, they do not have a process for unlocking it yet. He said to send in proof of purchase and a formal request via fax to him, and that I should get an unlock code within 3-7 days. According to him if you buy the phone for a full price, they have to unlock it for you.

What a great cs experience, makes me hate Rogers even more!! ;)

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I did the same thing. The CSRs from AT&T customer care told me positive answer, however, after submitting the IMEI, I was refused to be given the unlocking code. And I spoke to her supervisor, the supervisor suggested me to return it. While I was requesting a return in store, the manager of the store looked for method for unlocking it, but failed. I was told this phone won't get an unlock code at least until next March. So guys, buy an unlocked one, or wait.

ouchyoung

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just brought my red beauty home to TO from Buffalo, time to unlock. I called the AT&T cs and talked to a very helpful rep (Vernon) who said that because the phone is so new, they do not have a process for unlocking it yet. He said to send in proof of purchase and a formal request via fax to him, and that I should get an unlock code within 3-7 days. According to him if you buy the phone for a full price, they have to unlock it for you.

What a great cs experience, makes me hate Rogers even more!! ;)
Hope you good luck! And please tell us the result!

Ola Sivan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Do not buy the AT&T! It is DEAD locked, trust me I tried everything. I waited for 7 days for AT&T and talked to like 5 reps all said that it should be no problem, but in the end thi is the answer I got:
" Dear AT&T Valued Customer:

We recently received your request for the unlock code on the following device:

MANUFACTURER: nokia
MODEL: lumia 920

After a review of your account, we have determined that your device is not eligible to be unlocked from the AT&T network because you have not met one or more of the following requirements:
Completed a minimum of ninety (90) days of active service with AT&T Mobility.
The account is in good standing and payments are current at the time of the request.
The device does not have a long-term exclusive sales arrangement or any period of exclusivity associated with the device has expired.
No more than five unlock codes per year are permitted.
Prepaid/GoPhone customers:
Completed a minimum of 6 months of service.
If less than 6 months of service, provided a copy of the sales receipt or other proof of purchase of the device.

AT&T reserves the right to preserve exclusivity sales agreements on designated devices by requiring that these devices remain locked to the AT&T Mobility network.

For additional information refer to ATT.com/Support/Answer Center or Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 or 001-916-843-4685 if outside of the U.S.

Thank you for contacting AT&T Mobility. We appreciate your business.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of AT&T are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender at (1-800-331-0500) and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. MP074D"

Tried a thousand different unlocking sites, nothing! :( Very very sad.. Had to go back to Buffalo to return. Hope this will save someone a world of trouble. Good luck and if you know of any place that sells an unlocked one please please please let me know somehow.. :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs