Smartphone cameras and the need for a cover.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So almost every smartphone user knows how sad it is when your little baby gets scratched, and most people quickly realize they need a cover. But with smartphones like the Lumia, there's no real need for a cover, unless you don't use the camera.

Personally I think there's nothing more annoying than a smartphone rear camera. They stick out and easily get damaged. I hope some Windows Phone 8 devices will have a camera that slightly goes into the back, but without adding any type of border around the images, so pictures are just as good as if the camera was as exposed as the back of your phone.

What do you guys think? I have an HTC Titan and the camera really sticks out. I use a case mostly, but it just adds so much bulk to the phone, to solve a rather simple issue. I'd rather have a smartphone with no rear-camera, than a smartphone I'm afraid to put on any surface.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an N8 with even the camera bulge so it most certainly sticks out, but I never considered getting a case for it and the camera lens is still good as new. Not going to consider a case for the Lumia 920 or any of my phone. If the phone doesnt manage without case, I'm not going to buy it.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive, HTC EVO 4G LTE, Titan II, GS3, L900, and current iP5 were all naked. Never had a scratch on any of them. I keep them in a pocket I don't put other junk in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923