Did WP8 fix or add...

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
.....sound volume controls for ringtones, media, and the alarm?

...being able to save videos from e-mail to the phone database

...easier way to make an on-the-go play list?

...weather live tiles updating automatically when you travel to a different city?

...wifi being turned off when the phone is in sleep mode or whatever mode it is in when the screen is off?

These are some of the main gripes I had with WP 7.5. Now as I await WP8, I'm wondering if MSFT found it in their heart to touch on these issues.

Feel free to add your own "Did WP8 fix or add...."

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
.....sound volume controls for ringtones, media, and the alarm?

...being able to save videos from e-mail to the phone database

...easier way to make an on-the-go play list?

...weather live tiles updating automatically when you travel to a different city?

...wifi being turned off when the phone is in sleep mode or whatever mode it is in when the screen is off?

These are some of the main gripes I had with WP 7.5. Now as I await WP8, I'm wondering if MSFT found it in their heart to touch on these issues.

Feel free to add your own "Did WP8 fix or add...."

I know for a fact they didn't touch the volume profile. It's still global.

I believe they did fix the Play List On the Go thingy.

Wifi still turns off! *face palm*

The Weather Live Tiles thing is dependant on the app. MS doesn't dictate that.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the volume deal. That never really mattered to me.

The gripes I had were more with the huge limit on attachments. I can receive a PDF file via email but not send one?? Really? I hope that is fixed. I heard attachments have been expanded to include more media, but I never heard if documents were added.

WiFi turning off is not great either. The only place this really bugs me is with the SmartGlass app. It becomes to cumbersome to have to reconnect to the Xbox every time the phone falls asleep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon