Apps crashing

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

since monday I have an Lumia 920 and everything was running fine. But since Tuesday night I can't open apps sporadically.

This means, after I restartet the Lumia, WP8 and all apps are performing great, but after some time, some apps won't start anymore. This happens to apps from the store, but also to apps like Music, XBox, or just the Settings.
When that problem occurs, the app seems to start, but then the screen stays black and the phone returns to the last opened app. Sometimes it Shows Loading... ord Resuming...

Don't know where this problem Comes from. I already have done a complete phone reset.

Do you have some ideas or perhaps the same problem?

Greetings,

Andre

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I have already done this. Nothing changed.
It seems that it has to do with WiFi or Bluetooth. Have disabled both and the Problems are gone. I will test this for a few more hours... than I will turn on WiFi or Bluetooth again and we will see what happens.

Greetings,

Andre

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I remember when WP7 first came out, it was very similar. A couple of weeks later the first update turned it rock solid.

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

figrured out something new.
If the Problem occurs, only apps delivered with Windows Phone 8 are crashing.
The apps I installed from store are working just fine and apps like Calender, Mail, Alarms, Setting, etc. crashing.

Someone an idea?

Greetings
Andre

Thomas79

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with a Nokia 822. The exact same symptoms you are having. I've factory reset it and absolutely done nothing after that, no accounts linked, wifi, nothing. Some apps simply refuse to work after a few minutes. I don't even have to use the phone, just letting it sit there for ten minutes and coming back to it I can't even get the Settings to work. Same issue with a black screen then the phone going back to whatever screen it was, it looks like an app crash but not sure.

I'm going to be taking this phone back to Verizon is about the only thing I can think of at this point. Maybe it's bad hardware? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the issue though.

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried to change the SIM ans also tried another carrier. Nothing changed. At the Moment the Problem occurs not as fast as before, but its still there.
Already called the reseller, I will get a new phone if some new will arrive at the reseller. Perhaps, next Saturday. :(

Thomas79

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried the SIM too, it doesn't work. We thought it had fixed it but within a few minutes it was back to this. We're going to just exchange the phone, which is what I should have done today instead of thinking the SIM would fix it.

Thomas79

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had to replace the phone and the new one doesn't have the app crashing problem. Now this time the screen has a dead zone. I guess it's time to swear off WP8 and Nokia.

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, still waiting for my reseller to call me back to tell me he has some new 920 in stock... hopefully he has some new at the Weekend so I can replace my 920.

aessing

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

just to get this thread completed. ;)
Last Saturday I switch my Lumia 920 into a new one and now my problems are gone.

1. The problems that apps are crashing after some time is gone. Everything works as it should and I have no more problems with the phone stability.

2. The old Lumia 920 gets me nearly through a whole day. The new one, without the problem now keeps me online for 1,5-2 days.

3. The rattling of the vibration motor is much better and did not sound like a 1$ device from Taiwan.

My summary, if you have a problem with your 920 that can not be solved bz resetting the phone or by tips from the forum. Go and grab a new one.

Thanks for your help
Andre

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Uh I never had this problem before, had some stability issues with music and MS had me hard reset my phone, now the mail and txt apps are randomly crashing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720