Does anyone know if there is any integration between the two that allows controlling running apps (for example) on your computer from your phone?
    11-10-2012 08:44 AM
    Nope, there is not
    11-10-2012 10:36 AM
    hi there.
    well, i bought angry birds for my wp8 and i wanted it to play on my laptop with genuine w8 but i`ve have to pay it again so i`ve given it up... i thought microsoft said that if you purchase app for one platform, like wp8, you can play i on all supporting windows platforms, like surface or w8.. its not about he money... it`s rather cheap app for all the fun it provides but i dont want to purchase every app separately... is there any solution to his "problem"?
    12-04-2012 02:29 AM
    hi there.
    well, i bought angry birds for my wp8 and i wanted it to play on my laptop with genuine w8 but i`ve have to pay it again so i`ve given it up... i thought microsoft said that if you purchase app for one platform, like wp8, you can play i on all supporting windows platforms, like surface or w8.. its not about he money... it`s rather cheap app for all the fun it provides but i dont want to purchase every app separately... is there any solution to his "problem"?
    No they haven't said anything like that.

WP8 and Win8 are "different" platforms, just like iOS and OS X
    12-04-2012 02:32 AM
    i think u r wrong.. they are different but apps in metro store are the same and i think i remeber that they said that you need to purchase only one license to play it on some other device. like surface

edit:
    here is link that proves my statement:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f....php?p=5412305
    Last edited by ShodaNHR; 12-04-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    12-04-2012 03:33 AM
    That thread does not say what you seem to think it says...
    12-04-2012 07:55 AM
    The article that you pointed to talks about buying a WP8 app before getting a WP8 phone so that the owner can buy early to take advantage of a sale. It has nothing to do with W8/WP8 cross-device licensing. Microsoft does allow a buyer to install a purchased app on multiple devices of the same general type if those devices are also connected to the same Microsoft account; the device count limit is 5, I believe.
    Shodan_HR likes this.
    12-04-2012 08:11 AM
    yeah, sorry guys... my mistake. i had a couple of tabs opened and ive linked wrong one. once again, sorry. i have failed
    12-04-2012 01:40 PM
    i think u r wrong.. they are different but apps in metro store are the same and i think i remeber that they said that you need to purchase only one license to play it on some other device. like surface

edit:
    here is link that proves my statement:
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f....php?p=5412305
    It is for W8 and W8rt not WP8!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
    12-04-2012 05:53 PM
    It is for W8 and W8rt not WP8!

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
    dude, i just said i went full ******ed... today i`gona try to install angry birds on my laptop as i`ve bought it a couple of days ago for wp8..

@manicottiK
    thx, that` what i needed to know..
    12-05-2012 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD