2 thumbs up for the predictive words when typing

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So far this is the best new feature of WP8 for me. The predictive words are fantastic and if it doesn't show up, after I type a letter or two it usually shows up. Makes typing so much faster. Good work microsoft!

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my HD7 and the predictive text. MS really did a fantastic job with it! I use Android and the predictive text is more of a nuisance than anything. And iOS... Don't get me started, it just won't take a hint that I know the word I want to type better than it. WP does a great job suggesting words, including new proper nouns like, well, "iOS", "Apple" and "Android"! However when I type "windows" it does not give the suggestion for "Windows"... Have some confidence Microsoft!

It also seems to do a great job learning what words you type together, or the algorithms are just that intuitive that it knows! And it's very easy to type a word that is spelled "wrong" without it trying to correct you every time you type it (grrr iOS!).

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I love my HD7 and the predictive text. MS really did a fantastic job with it! I use Android and the predictive text is more of a nuisance than anything. And iOS... Don't get me started, it just won't take a hint that I know the word I want to type better than it. WP does a great job suggesting words, including new proper nouns like, well, "iOS", "Apple" and "Android"! However when I type "windows" it does not give the suggestion for "Windows"... Have some confidence Microsoft!

It also seems to do a great job learning what words you type together, or the algorithms are just that intuitive that it knows! And it's very easy to type a word that is spelled "wrong" without it trying to correct you every time you type it (grrr iOS!).

It's funny, because that is definitely one thing I'm MISSING from iOS. For example, on WP8, I could type "wonr" and it may not correct it to "won't". I keep finding myself like, "C'mon you couldn't figure that out?" when having to go back and correct typo's myself.

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Under-aggressive is fine as long as editing is easy, which of course in WP7/8 it is :D

So I am a nerd, I just got a huge kick out of constructing sentences with as few prompts as possible...

I started with a T, which suggested "the." Immediately with no other prompt the next two predictive words were "Nokia," then "Lumia." I put in an "i" and the rest came up with no further prompts on my part:

"The Nokia Lumia I love you too much for the first time in the world to me that you are not the only one who has been the subject of the city of the city of the city (endless loop)..."

What are they trying to tell us!??!?!?!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb