Dont sync email contacts to phone or calendar

bobo616

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have just got a lumia 820 today and I really love it but I dont want all my email contacts loading onto my phone and all my phone or calendar details being uploaded to outlook, is there any way I can prevent this so I just have my phone details kept locally?

Thanks

bobo616

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but that just means I cant see any of my contacts as they stop showing the outlook contacts, which are now my phone contacts.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
If you do not want your phone contacts not showing up in outlook, don't put them in Outlook. You can use hotmail or gmail and they will be kept seperate.

bobo616

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but my main point is that I dont want to sync my contacts to any online account, I want to keep the just on my phone if possible.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but my main point is that I dont want to sync my contacts to any online account, I want to keep the just on my phone if possible.

While you may have a reason to don't want them online, it's the best way to keep a backup just in case.

I don't think you can avoid your contacts being synched to your Microsoft account. With secondary accounts, you can choose not to sync contacts, but the primary account will sync your phone contacts.

bobo616

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
While you may have a reason to don't want them online, it's the best way to keep a backup just in case.

I don't think you can avoid your contacts being synched to your Microsoft account. With secondary accounts, you can choose not to sync contacts, but the primary account will sync your phone contacts.
Thats a real shame and it does put me off,although I may have found a temp fix of amending the server it tries to connect to an incorrect server name so it cant connect.

BBMINI

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have just got a lumia 820 today and I really love it but I dont want all my email contacts loading onto my phone and all my phone or calendar details being uploaded to outlook, is there any way I can prevent this so I just have my phone details kept locally?

I've wondered about a similar, related issue. I use Outlook.com for personal email but Outlook 2010 software for work. I'd rather not import all my work contacts into my outlook.com address book, but it sounds like to sync a Windows Phone with Outlook 2010 that's what's going to have to happen. Maybe I'm misreading it, but it seems that way.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You can setup another email account. Call it a phone contact account or whatever. It will serve only as a phone contact backup location. Sync this as your main account on the phone. You will need to reset to do this. Then add all your contacts to this account when you add them. Then you can choose not to sync your other email accounts to your contact list. Afraid that is probably the only way to do it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've wondered about a similar, related issue. I use Outlook.com for personal email but Outlook 2010 software for work. I'd rather not import all my work contacts into my outlook.com address book, but it sounds like to sync a Windows Phone with Outlook 2010 that's what's going to have to happen. Maybe I'm misreading it, but it seems that way.

I think you can setup more than 1 outlook account. So you should not have to import your personal contacts into your work account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos